EA on remote servers ? - page 6

fxautotrader:

Hi guys, i think ive nailed it, see if this works for you.

IF you follow my method above in current version of virtuzzo VPS, the programs do restart, but you cant interact with desktop via RDP.

I think i have a workaround.

Yes, that's it. It works fine for me. I was desperately searching for this. Because even the support line of my hoster couldn't solve it (told them, that auto-logon doesn't work), I rented a second VPS and created tasks to start a RDP ervery hour and a task to terminate the RDP via taskkill.exe on both servers alternating. Worked so far but was not optimal and an element of risk remained. Now I don't have to worry about this topic any longer.

Thanks for the good work

bluehippo:
Yes, that's it. It works fine for me. I was desperately searching for this. Because even the support line of my hoster couldn't solve it (told them, that auto-logon doesn't work), I rented a second VPS and created tasks to start a RDP ervery hour and a task to terminate the RDP via taskkill.exe on both servers alternating. Worked so far but was not optimal and an element of risk remained. Now I don't have to worry about this topic any longer. Thanks for the good work

Yes, I have this procedure works fine for me too. Now I won't need to worry about VPS reboot / restart. Thank you very much

VPSLand problem

I Have registered vpsland.com, but i received username and password only,but no setting for RDP and now i cannot login with username and password, please help me

dedynof:
I Have registered vpsland.com, but i received username and password only,but no setting for RDP and now i cannot login with username and password, please help me

I think you won't need to set your RDC, just input the IP address gave by VPSLand. Hope this help

VPSLand problem

firedave:
I think you won't need to set your RDC, just input the IP address gave by VPSLand. Hope this help

I Don't REceive IP Address, only username and password i have received

I don't know VPSland but in the normal way you should login with your Username and password on your hosters site and there you should find your contract data containing server data like IP an initial pasword, Virtuzzo-Link etc.

VPSLAND.COM - Are they reliable?

I have 2 bad comments about them.

1. They always restart server without giving notice to me. and ended up with my EA not running eventhough i already put the Meta4 terminal.exe in the startup folder. I need to login first, then the platforms were launched, otherwise they are not running.

2. They charge me twice in a month. Frst month they offer 50% discount, and after that, i found that i have paid them twice a month. It seems that i have subscribed for 2 accounts. They should aware of this, but they did not refund my money.

Anyone comment?

Need 24/7 application server or something

I have an EA I would like to start trading automated, but I live in an area that has occasional down times in internet connectivity. Does anyone know of any companies offering 24/7 servers so that I could run a instance of MT4 and trade from it?

Question: VPS, Home PC, Home PC Server

I am looking to try some EA's and have them running 24/7.

One would likely be for a small live account, the others would be for forward testing. I figure I currently want to have about 3-5 simulatenous MT4 instances running and each instance to have between 5 and 15 charts open.

My questions are:

1. What is the advantage of using VPS compared to just running this all on a home PC that is there only to do MT4 testing and trading?

2. What size Home PC or Server would be needed to support the number of EAs and Charts?

3. If I do this at home versus paying a monthly fee for VPS, should I setup the PC as a Server or as a Normal XP box? Why?

Reason: