EA for Signal Provider - Sorry 'bout crosspost

Sorry about crossposting this. I realized I put my original post in the wrong topic.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi!

I'd like to enlist the help of someone. I currently use a signal provider and receive signals via email. The signal provider is doing very well but I'm not... due to my inability to stay disciplined.

Due to that, I'd like to have an EA made. I can extract the signals from email and put them into a .csv file (or whatever) but I don't know what the best way to do it would be. Can someone help me out?

I need to know what the best format would be if we put them into a .csv file. Should each trade, and signal, have its own .csv file? All signals have a signal ID associated with them. Every signal pertaining to a particular position has the same signal ID. So, should I parse them all to a separate line into the same .csv file and just have it to where any updated signals in a trade edit the line accordingly and then the EA makes the change in the platform?

Help! I'm not a programmer... I'm a network engineer. Could someone write the EA to trade based on the .csv file?

I really think that I could be profitable with this provider if I could just take "me" out of the equation. If someone is in the States and thinks they can help me with this then I'll provide my number so we can get in touch. I'll be willing to help anyone out in this process any way that I can!

Thanks so much!

Lee

8toenails:
Sorry about crossposting this. I realized I put my original post in the wrong topic.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi!

I'd like to enlist the help of someone. I currently use a signal provider and receive signals via email. The signal provider is doing very well but I'm not... due to my inability to stay disciplined.

Due to that, I'd like to have an EA made. I can extract the signals from email and put them into a .csv file (or whatever) but I don't know what the best way to do it would be. Can someone help me out?

I need to know what the best format would be if we put them into a .csv file. Should each trade, and signal, have its own .csv file? All signals have a signal ID associated with them. Every signal pertaining to a particular position has the same signal ID. So, should I parse them all to a separate line into the same .csv file and just have it to where any updated signals in a trade edit the line accordingly and then the EA makes the change in the platform?

Help! I'm not a programmer... I'm a network engineer. Could someone write the EA to trade based on the .csv file?

I really think that I could be profitable with this provider if I could just take "me" out of the equation. If someone is in the States and thinks they can help me with this then I'll provide my number so we can get in touch. I'll be willing to help anyone out in this process any way that I can!

Thanks so much!

Lee

Please post an example of the csv file.

Nicholishen:
Please post an example of the csv file.

So it will be best to have all the signals in one file?

I haven't started extracting the emails to .csv yet because I wasn't sure what the best format would be.

The file will have the following columns:

Signal ID, Currency Pair, Entry Price, Stop Loss, Limit, Closed price

The closed price colum will remain empty unless the signal provider closes out the trade before a stop/limit is reached. So the EA will have to be able to recognize this column and close out at market value if a value is entered into it.

The EA will need to check w/ the .csv file at regular intervals to be able to check and see if the stops/limits have changed or if the trade was closed early.

Am I making sense?

who's the signal provider that you feel that is profitable?

samiam:
who's the signal provider that you feel that is profitable?

I'll probably get bashed for this... but.... www.gfsignals.com, trader wizard.

I've been following his suggestions for a little less than 2 months now and I "should" be up 1700 pips in that time. If I only hadn't chickened out on several trades then I would be.

It would be great if someone could write a program to convert an email to a csv file and then create an EA to pull info from the csv file. Anyone up for the task? It would be great to use for any signal provider.

I checked out the link that 8toenails posted. The trader, Wizard, charges $150 for 1200pips. He's done well with his trades. He can easily get 1200 pips because he usually trades 6 lots at a time (risky MoneyManagement). From February to present if you traded his system with only 1 lot, you would have collected 560 pips and paid out $300 (2293 pips with their ~6 lot calculation)

samiam

samiam:
It would be great if someone could write a program to convert an email to a csv file and then create an EA to pull info from the csv file. Anyone up for the task? It would be great to use for any signal provider.

I checked out the link that 8toenails posted. The trader, Wizard, charges $150 for 1200pips. He's done well with his trades. He can easily get 1200 pips because he usually trades 6 lots at a time (risky MoneyManagement). From February to present if you traded his system with only 1 lot, you would have collected 560 pips and paid out $300 (2293 pips with their ~6 lot calculation)

samiam

I have a buddy who says he can write a macros in outlook that can do this. The only problem I can see is that most POP email providers don't allow you to pop in as frequently as needed. Mine for example only allows you to do it once every 2 minutes. That wouldn't necessarily be a problem for me however because I've put an exchange server in my house. That'll be about as "real time" as it can get.

8toenails:
I have a buddy who says he can write a macros in outlook that can do this. The only problem I can see is that most POP email providers don't allow you to pop in as frequently as needed. Mine for example only allows you to do it once every 2 minutes. That wouldn't necessarily be a problem for me however because I've put an exchange server in my house. That'll be about as "real time" as it can get.

Here is an example of what I see the .csv file looking like. Every signal that is associated with a particular trade has the same signal ID. So, if the EA could associate a trade ID with the signal ID then it would know which signals pertain to which open trades. The example shows entry with multiple lots and a few changes along the way until the entire trade is closed out.

Files:
example.bmp  282 kb

8toenails:
Here is an example of what I see the .csv file looking like. Every signal that is associated with a particular trade has the same signal ID. So, if the EA could associate a trade ID with the signal ID then it would know which signals pertain to which open trades. The example shows entry with multiple lots and a few changes along the way until the entire trade is closed out.

One more thing... I'm not a programmer so my lingo might not be correct here. But I spoke w/ Steven @ InterbankFX (who is one of their programmers) and he said that the way he would do it would be to write a .dll file that would parse the csv file and hand any new values off to the EA. He said that there is an example .dll that we could use in the example scripts directory.

8toenails:
One more thing... I'm not a programmer so my lingo might not be correct here. But I spoke w/ Steven @ InterbankFX (who is one of their programmers) and he said that the way he would do it would be to write a .dll file that would parse the csv file and hand any new values off to the EA. He said that there is an example .dll that we could use in the example scripts directory.

A buddy of mine whipped up a program to POP into an email server and output the signals from www.gfsignals.com into a .csv file. I've also been working with Nicholishen on writing the EA. I believe he's made some progress, but there was an issue with the csv file being locked for editing since the EA is using it which would mean that the email parser wouldn't be able to write to it. My buddy doesn't know anything about FOREX or MT4 but he's a wizard when it comes to programming and he said he'd help us out in any way. If Nicholishen can get the EA to parse the csv then we can consult with my friend to see how to free it up... unless someone in here already has a solution!?

This is great what you are doing. Would you mind posting the email parser and EA?

Too bad about the csv file being locked up. I had never thought about that. It would also be nice to see how you worked around this. I was thinking the other day about getting someone to write an EA that pulls info from a csv file that was written by another EA.

Reason: