Multi-lot scalper EA - page 2

Question about this EA

I already put this EA in demo account.

I try to put the stoploss=100. The Original stoploss=0.

But the EA do not trade with the stoploss=100.

Is this the bug in the EA? Stoploss=0 do trade in my Demo. Hope Anyone can answer this Q. Thank A Lot!!!!

No bugs!

FXfish:
I already put this EA in demo account.

I try to put the stoploss=100. The Original stoploss=0.

But the EA do not trade with the stoploss=100.

Is this the bug in the EA? Stoploss=0 do trade in my Demo. Hope Anyone can answer this Q. Thank A Lot!!!!

I've checked the code and no bugs?

if (StopLoss==0) { sl=0; } else { sl=SellPrice+StopLoss*Point;}

Could you tell me what's the error number you've got?

kumawat:
Docspiner/ Rots what is time frame of chart, you have used to trade in demo account.

I always use TF=M15 with this EA.

It just don't open any trade with stoploss=100, But for the the stoploss=0, it open lot of trade. That is why make me feel strange why I run the 2 EA setting at the same time, just different stoploss setting, it should also open the same trade at the same time. I use same Broker for my demo.Alpari. Thank You...

I ran backtest on it from 12/1/05 - 12/31/05 and it works great most of the time...except when it doesn't!

Periodically it hits a loss, then doubles it, then doubles it again, etc...for however many max trades you have set. You can lose thousands of dollars in VERY short order.

I'm wondering what those instances have in common? Can we filter them out? I tried setting a lower stoploss, but that doesn't fix the problem, just make it more survivable...you still get whacked in the end.

Scott

I'm having excellent results so far with the newest version of this ea using option 2(support and resistance), 4 max trades, gbp/usd 15m, and all other settings on default. I also tested for a short while 6, 8, and 10 max trades but I found 4 to be most profitable without tying up enormous levels of margin. Look at the screenshot...

Files:
pic.gif  83 kb

Hi

Faifarni Pls can you attach EA or write post # from where you downloaded the EA which you are testing

Hi

Coderguru,

The EA attached on Post # 1 cannot trade micro mini lots., Is it possible to include option to trade microminilot.

Make sure that your broker supports microlots. Not all of them do. Check your journal to see if you are getting an Invalid Lot Size error message.

Scott

Yes, it WILL perform quite excellently for months at a time...and then when a large spike (> 200 pips) occurs against your trade, the system will try to follow it down, doubling each time. You will margin call yourself right out of money, since you're tying up both margin from the orders, and losing equity as they orders continue to lose value. I've been backtesting and seen $100K accounts go POOF.

Except for that, it really does quite well.

For examples of what I'm talking about...look at EUR/USD at around 13 Mar 05 to 22 Mar 05, or several points during Jun 05 and Jul 05. If we could identify what's happening there, we could have a truly EXCELLENT performer.

Scott

faifarni:
I'm having excellent results so far with the newest version of this ea using option 2(support and resistance), 4 max trades, gbp/usd 15m, and all other settings on default. I also tested for a short while 6, 8, and 10 max trades but I found 4 to be most profitable without tying up enormous levels of margin. Look at the screenshot...
Reason: