GridMACD - page 7

aelimian:
Please can you post the version of the GridMACD you are using.

I will like to forward test it. In addition you seems to have it

trading multiple pairs? Any particular reason for this.

Hi Aelimian, the GridMACD is part of the EAs in the Elite Section. Well worth the few bucks a month in you wish to get more info on forward testing EAs.

: ) Thom

accrete:
Hi Aelimian, the GridMACD is part of the EAs in the Elite Section. Well worth the few bucks a month in you wish to get more info on forward testing EAs. : ) Thom

I am a member of the elite section already. Where do i find the EA there?

hereyou have it

If I were to use this EA with EUR/USD and USD/CHF, what kind of combined drawdown, in PIPS, could I expect from this EA? (with the standard settings.) I'm looking to trade a high risk strategy with this EA, but I wanna be far from a margin call, thanks.

15-20 open trades (for 1 pair) . drawdown is huge! trading 0.1 lots 10 consecutive loosing trades can whipe out like 4k-5k easliy. i am considering running this 2 pairs on a 10k account but I can see the dangers! i would think 20k is a minimum for this EA, 50k safe. way out of my league...

well then...

why not just set the lot size to 0.05 or something more managable?

I am demoing with 50,000 with 0.1 lot size during the long time (from last summer - our contest was stopped but i am still continuing testng this EA) and 0.1 lot is ok for 50,000. But for 50.000 only. If less then 50,000 - so it will be dangerous for margins.

If less then 50,000 so it is necessary to use 0.01.

so I've got 8 grand...

I've got 8 grand that I'm ready to put into an account. While I'm learning to trade manually I am kicking myself watching my money in my savings account get 0.5% a year. I am also planning to add about a thousand a month to the account.

I'm sitting here watching the GridMACD do a demo trade on USDCHF making $50. It seems to be pyramiding up the amount the more money it makes.

If I put this money into GridMACD and let it ride, would you recommend 0.01 lot size? Of course, I'm going to watch the demo for a couple months, but what is max drawdown? What does this thing tend to do?

It seems to me that this would be a gain of about $5 instead of 50. What would be the problem with doing a .05 lot size, or even a 0.03?

And does FIBO allow such a size?

Minimum for Fibo Group is 0.1 as I remember.

Hi,

It seems GridMACD will not open any trade for 0.01 lot. the min is 0.1 lot. i run the demo for 1 week and increase 10% of my capital. however i don't know what happen if i use it in my real account. in case of any error from your computer or connection error, it may not be able to "pick up" the old transactions and leave them open. any advise?

regards,

Reason: