Setting up the email option in metatrader 4 - page 2

firedave:
Hi, how about using a SMTP server from your ISP ? Do they provide it to their client ?

Regarding running your own SMTP server, I think you do not need to have your own domain, as long as your pc connected to internet with at least static IP address.

Hope this help

I haven't inquired with my ISP since I don't understand Japanese that good..

Anyway, if ever I'm going to setup my own SMTP server do you have any resource where I can look into?

I also did a google on for web mails who offer SMTP services but to no avail.. Hmmmm.. Will need to look further..

Thanks Michael! And glad to see you here too..

Thanks guys for the reply. But I still haven't received a reply from my ISP server.. So what I did was setup my own SMTP server in my local machine...

I tried looking for a free SMTP server but could not find any that I think is worth trying.. So I got a free 30-day trial demo of QK SMTP server..

I've just set it up in my local machine and have been able to send/use the mail function of MT4..

Thanks for your replies.

eastmaels:
Thanks guys for the reply. But I still haven't received a reply from my ISP server.. So what I did was setup my own SMTP server in my local machine...

I tried looking for a free SMTP server but could not find any that I think is worth trying.. So I got a free 30-day trial demo of QK SMTP server..

I've just set it up in my local machine and have been able to send/use the mail function of MT4..

Thanks for your replies.

Hi there, so glad to know that you finaly can use the email function on MT4. Sorry if I didn't reply your question sooner, I missed your post. Good luck with the new tool

firedave:
Hi there, so glad to know that you finaly can use the email function on MT4. Sorry if I didn't reply your question sooner, I missed your post. Good luck with the new tool

Hi Michael,

No problem. Your replies were already helpful.

Thanks again!

Regards,

East

Yahoo

I am trying to set up the email function in mt4. My isp is yahoo. My server is

smtp.att.yahoo

I get a error every time i try to test it. Is any using yahoo. If so could you please let me know the setting that you are using. Any other help with getting thing going would also be greatfull. Thanks. Jatki24300

Email Relaying Denied / Invalid BLOB Error in Metatrader

Hi,

I am trying to Test sending an email from the Options>Email Dialog Box.

The journal is repeatedly reporting "Relaying Denied", or "FlashFiler: Invalid BLOB" Errors, using two different private SMTP servers.

The recepient emails are gmail, yahoo and hotmail accounts.

I had successfully sent emails to hotmail account using same SMTP servers earlier, but it's not working now.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Thanks,

JForex.

JForex78:
Hi,

I am trying to Test sending an email from the Options>Email Dialog Box.

The journal is repeatedly reporting "Relaying Denied", or "FlashFiler: Invalid BLOB" Errors, using two different private SMTP servers.

The recepient emails are gmail, yahoo and hotmail accounts.

I had successfully sent emails to hotmail account using same SMTP servers earlier, but it's not working now.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Thanks,

JForex.

Did you allow your account to do that?

Relaying Denied - the email error explained.

Thanks Linux.

It seems there are multiple issues with sending emails using MT4.

Primarily, the accounts like Hotmail deny relaying, and even when they accept it once in a while, they start considering these emails as spam.

I think one has to use a non-public domain email account.

Still struggling.

Thanks,

JForex.

What if we are running MT4 on VPS(Virtual server)?

What would we put in as the SMTP server info?

(I guess if there's a free one that would solve this issue)

Andy

finally ....

firedave:

First : your ISP provide you with SMTP server.

Setup is :

SERVER : your ISP SMTP server without any port, example : smtp.isp.net

SMTP LOGIN : leave it blank

SMTP PASSWORD : leave it blank

TO : destination email address

Try to TEST first and if you succeed, you should have a test email from CLIENT TERMINAL on your email box. Hope this help

finally I made it.

thank you guys

Reason: