Setting up the email option in metatrader 4

I am looking forward to set up the email option under Metatrader and some how the test is not successful.

Can some one advise what am I supposed to put under

SMPT server : ( for gmail address or yahoo address )

I used this on the options email screen template.

smtp.gmail.com

I get this error:

login to gmail.com failed

Please advice.

Suresh:
I am looking forward to set up the email option under Metatrader and some how the test is not successful.

Can some one advise what am I supposed to put under

SMPT server : ( for gmail address or yahoo address )

I used this on the options email screen template.

smtp.gmail.com

I get this error:

login to gmail.com failed

Please advice.

If you have not alread done so, you will need to activate your gmail account to be used as POP3. See Here and Here

MSN. COM and EMAIL ANYONE KNOW??

Greetings,

I am trying to setup an email from an alert on metatrader. I have MSN as my account. DOES Anyone know if MSN can be used as smtp server????

What is the address ? o

ajk:
Greetings,

I am trying to setup an email from an alert on metatrader. I have MSN as my account. DOES Anyone know if MSN can be used as smtp server????

What is the address ? o

i think it is http based...get gmail

gmail uses tls

I think gmail usues ssl (encription) for their mail comunications with desktop clients. And metatrader doesn't talk ssl. That's why you can't use it with gmail.

Could you tell me which email provider is supported by MT4?

Thanks.

Hi,

I just want to ask if anybody here who has been able to successfuly send e-mails from MT4 to your e-mail?

How do you know the settings for the

Tools > Options > Email tab?

I'm just beginning to study MT4 so hopefully you could shed some light.

Thanks.

Okay, just now I've been playing with the setup and lucky me, I finally can sent a test message to my email address But I only try this on 2 different pc condition.

First : your ISP provide you with SMTP server.

Setup is :

SERVER : your ISP SMTP server without any port, example : smtp.isp.net

SMTP LOGIN : leave it blank

SMTP PASSWORD : leave it blank

TO : destination email address

Second : you run your MT4 platform on any version Windows Server OS that have SMPT server service.

Start your SMTP server service, and give relay access to your pc IP address.

Setup is :

SERVER : your pc IP address without any port, example : 10.10.10.10

Try to TEST first and if you succeed, you should have a test email from CLIENT TERMINAL on your email box. Hope this help

firedave:
Okay, just now I've been playing with the setup and lucky me, I finally can sent a test message to my email address But I only try this on 2 different pc condition.

First : your ISP provide you with SMTP server.

Setup is :

SERVER : your ISP SMTP server without any port, example : smtp.isp.net

Second : you run your MT4 platform on any version Windows Server OS that have SMPT server service.

Start your SMTP server service, and give relay access to your pc IP address.

Setup is :

SERVER : your pc IP address without any port, example : 10.10.10.10

Try to TEST first and if you succeed, you should have a test email from CLIENT TERMINAL on your email box. Hope this help

Thanks firedave. Sorry for my ignorance but is there any free or web-based SMTP server that one can use?

If I understand it correctly, if one wants to setup an SMTP server, one needs to register a domain... But I don't know how to do that...

Hmmmmm.... I can't seem to know where to go from here...

Thanks for the reply firedave..

eastmaels:
Thanks firedave. Sorry for my ignorance but is there any free or web-based SMTP server that one can use?

If I understand it correctly, if one wants to setup an SMTP server, one needs to register a domain... But I don't know how to do that...

Hmmmmm.... I can't seem to know where to go from here...

Thanks for the reply firedave..

Hi, how about using a SMTP server from your ISP ? Do they provide it to their client ?

Regarding running your own SMTP server, I think you do not need to have your own domain, as long as your pc connected to internet with at least static IP address.

Hope this help

Reason: