Email from MT4

I am trying to activate the Email function in MT4: Tool -> Option ->Email tab.

I put the correct smtp server: smtp.gmail.com
With my userid, and password, and hit the test. Then get this pop-up message: Message Successfully queued, look at journal for more information.

The journal shows: Test message failed!

I have activated the POP server for my gmail account. Anyone has tried this Email option in MT4? Thanks.

Try this in the smtp box 203.002.192.76:25

Thanks a lot. It works.

Sorry, but it is failing again. Strange! I used the smtp box 203.002.192.76:25, but my login keep failing.
I also loaded the latest build 168.

I know slaw you are a pretty busy man, but please when you have time, could you help me why I can't set-up my E-mail option properly.

Perhaps is the problem with the connecting smtp/mail server, but I want to make sure this is the case. If anyone has setup an E-mail option in MT4 without any problem, would appreciate a response.

Thanks.

client terminal uses mail transport existing on your computer. and we do not touch mail-subsystem in the last build.
try to uninstall client terminal. than install again - mail settings should copied from your local settings. before You should be sure that your mail-system on your computer works properly. than You need to input your mail login and password manually

Thanks Slawa...will give it a try.

Thanks Slawa...will give it a try.

Did you get it working Frank?
I had the same problem until I found out that the smtp server field needs the same address as your email client with their port address on the end after a colon. mine is below.

Smtp.xtra.co.nz:25

Cheers!

What do you use the e-mail function for again?
Reason: