Is that possible to sell an EA based on market Utility or Indicator

Dear experienced traders

Is that possible to sell an EA based on market Utility or Indicator? 

I heard it is possible to make EA based on market Utility or Indicator? 

Is that possible to sell the EA? 

Thank you in advance and best wishes

You're selling EA? Yes, registration of seller information can be put on the market. Then someone will buy your product.

Zongda Lin:
You're selling EA? Yes, registration of seller information can be put on the market. Then someone will buy your product.

How does that answer the OP's question?

Zhang Fengqun:

I heard it is possible to make EA based on market Utility or Indicator? 

Is that possible to sell the EA? 

You can code the EA.

As for selling it, I seriously doubt that you would be able to include a market indicator as a resource, but I can't be certain.

That would mean that you would have to access the indicator's data by using iCustom.

In that case, validation would probably fail because it won't find the indicator. If validation was successful, anybody that buys your EA would also have to buy the market indicator.

The only way to know for sure is to test it.

Create a simple EA and see if it passes validation.

Keith Watford:

You can code the EA.

As for selling it, I seriously doubt that you would be able to include a market indicator as a resource, but I can't be certain.

That would mean that you would have to access the indicator's data by using iCustom.

In that case, validation would probably fail because it won't find the indicator. If validation was successful, anybody that buys your EA would also have to buy the market indicator.

Thank you so much, Keith! 

Keith Watford:

You can code the EA.

So the question is can a market indicator be resourced ? 

If yes are the activations counting upon compilation or upon use ?(resource counting activations)

And even if we can upload an ea with checks for testing to be validated (not calling unresourced indicator on tester) ,its against the market rules to inhibit the as-is standalone operation of the utility purchased (if im not mistaken).

[edit : how cool would it be if besides sale price each product had a resource % .So if the resourced indicator's creator set it to 10% it would mean it can be resourced in paid products and the author will receive 10% per sale/rental of the product that utilizes the resource]

Lorentzos Roussos:

So the question is can a market indicator be resourced ? 

If yes are the activations counting upon compilation or upon use ?(resource counting activations)

And even if we can upload an ea with checks for testing to be validated (not calling unresourced indicator on tester) ,its against the market rules to inhibit the as-is standalone operation of the utility purchased (if im not mistaken).

[edit : how cool would it be if besides sale price each product had a resource % .So if the resourced indicator's creator set it to 10% it would mean it can be resourced in paid products and the author will receive 10% per sale/rental of the product that utilizes the resource]

Thank you so much, Lori. 

I think it is better to avoid this. 

Zhang Fengqun:

Thank you so much, Lori. 

I think it is better to avoid this. 

I agree .

At some point though ,all those things that are vague will lead to another entity using them as their campaign flag.

Reason: