Profit Generator EA - page 55

This weeks forward test Results

This weeks forward test Results Ver 3.1.2.2

Expert are using Full Size Account Leverage 1:100 Starting Balance was 100,000.00 USD

FXDD All Pairs H1 UseObsolete:True & ObsoleteMinutes:30 settings

And

FXDD All Pairs H1 Canned settings.

Files:

Marlin,

The problem is you traded other pairs outside the majors. On one of your statements you would be roughly +$2000 on the GBP/USD, +1000 EURO/USD and +$800 on USD/CHF. Try trading only those 3 pairs and using a SL of 30 and TP of 45. You will see a very different statement!

~Billy

TRAILING STOP QUESTION....

How do I set it so when I get to 40 pips profit, a 5 pip trailing stop kicks in?

Thanks.

~Billy

bagovino:
Marlin,

The problem is you traded other pairs outside the majors. On one of your statements you would be roughly +$2000 on the GBP/USD, +1000 EURO/USD and +$800 on USD/CHF. Try trading only those 3 pairs and using a SL of 30 and TP of 45. You will see a very different statement!

~Billy

Hello Billy,

New??

These are forward test requested by holyguy7 in post 447 and 448

They are setup to be watch over the week as a comparison and are updated every 15 min @ www.thehobbystop.com as in post #1

Next week will be the latest EA for comparison purposes again.

Hope this helps

Oh sorry....

Didnt know thats what you were doing.... Just trying to help!

Anyway... Got an answer to my trailng stop question???

Thanks

bagovino:
Oh sorry....

Didnt know thats what you were doing.... Just trying to help!

Anyway... Got an answer to my trailng stop question???

Thanks

Thank you for your kind offer on help, and I will be setting up one of the forward test next week with your suggested settings.

I'm sorry I can't be of help with your question, the heavyweights should be in later and I'm sure they will have an answer.

bagovino:
TRAILING STOP QUESTION....

How do I set it so when I get to 40 pips profit, a 5 pip trailing stop kicks in?

Thanks.

~Billy

Try TakeProfit > TSactivation, UseClose=True, TSactivation=40, Trailingpips=5.

And read PG howto file you can find in post1, very usefull, thanks again Nich!

sadaloma:
BTW, almost all my test were performed on H1. Maybe jpy currencies will make a come back later?...anyone else have any luck on the JPYs?

Yes, I have had some success this week with USDJPY with the following settings:

Longbar: 10

Longbar%: .2

Take Profit: 20

Stoploss: 40

Reverse

I hope that helps give people an idea that the reverse feature can be used successfully on currency pairs that don't seem to work well.

I have a question as to why this EA would behave as it did in this situation.... (See attatched Picture) Maybe analyzing this can help it become more accurate.

OK, At the first vertical line 13:09 the GBP/USD sold. Looked like a good move. Then on the second line at 13:46 it took profit and reversed to a buy while in a down trend. It stayed in a buy until it was stopped out at the 3rd verticle line at 13:10.

If it stayed with the first sell and not reversed to a buy for some reason it would have been a very profitable trade!

A thought I have is to maybe add a moving average cross rule, not to initiate the trade, but to kick in while in a trade to keep you in and maximize the move.

~Billy

Files:
pg.gif  67 kb

Nich,

Quick question. If someone set the Obsolete Method to True and put the Obsolete Minute to 0 (Zero) what would happen. Would it be as if the Obsolete Method was OFF?

Thanks.

Reason: