Profit Generator EA - page 38

Yes no probs.

Do you want me to use 10 and 15 or maybe 10 and 20?

Mike.

mike4X:
Yes no probs.

Do you want me to use 10 and 15 or maybe 10 and 20?

Mike.

10-16 or 10-18

Hi Nichol,

Is 3.2.2 the latest version for Profit Generator EA ? What's the

settings and time frame as well as which are the best pairs

suitable in using with this EA?

Thanks

HI, now that my computer have CPU free I will try to put PG under visualchart to make backtests on tick data. Visualchart seems to give long history tick files.

The only thing is that I didn't see is that tick backtest is possible. If it fails I will do it under Excel which use VB also. I hope to have a this tool before the end of the WE.

If you have any tips about vchart tick backtests, do not hesitate to contact me!

jojolalpin@hotmail.com

I am coding the EA in Java as a backtester. It will try all possible parameters within given ranges to get the optimized values.

I am using M1 data for the past 4 months, and will post the code when it is complete.

Any feedback toward this effort is appreciated.

Backtesting results of the Latest and Greatest EA done by Nich. I noticed that by changing the perameter just slightly that you can get better results. I lowered ObsoleteMinutes down to 30 on Nich's backtester and performance was even better.

Let work together. Thanks for all the hard work.

Files:
pg_h1_30m.gif  6 kb
pg_h1_30m.htm  310 kb

jojolalpin:
Hi!

Even if backtester sucks here are results of optimisation loops on EUR-USD (M1 alpari data) from 01.01.06 to 25.03.06 on a 50 k$ account and fixed 0.1 lots. It took ~30 hours to compute and there is 22500 different results (mainly loosers) so I post it in case you are intersted. Open it with Your favorite "excel" like.

Parameters changing:

Longbar: 10 to 30 step 5

BarOpen%: 0.1 to 0.5 step 0.1

StopLoss: 10 to 100 step 10

TakeProfit: 10 to 100 step 10

Period: 1 to 9 Step 1

Other parameters:

Maxtrades: 1

Lots: 1

MM: false

UseClose: false

UseHourTrade: false

UseSimpleTF: true

WEmode: false

EMAconfirm: false

UseStoOpen: false

Reverse: false

jojo

Can you give us a hint as to which settings gave the greatest profit in the backtester? I opened it and it only has the profit but not the settings.

Inquiring minds want to know. What were the settings for Pass numbers:

14373, 14372, 14371

19825, 19824, 19823, 19822, 19821

14849, 14848

19250, 19249, 19248, 19247, 19246

ect.

Basically, we need the settings to the top, say, 15 of the sets to begin forward testing. Thank you.

Also, why don't you also give us the settings of the Bottom 15 and we will see if the "reverse" feature works on the EA. If they did that bad, why not reverse the trades to start making money.

Thanks.

holyguy7:
Backtesting results of the Latest and Greatest EA done by Nich. I noticed that by changing the perameter just slightly that you can get better results. I lowered ObsoleteMinutes down to 30 on Nich's backtester and performance was even better. Let work together. Thanks for all the hard work.

Ok - I have some free time (for this) - I am a very experienced programmer - how can I help here ?

And what is the latest version of the EA and most successful settings? - I can help u guys integrate this with tradestation (its free noe - i think).

Holyguy7

Hallo. Can you please explain the item AbsoluteMinutes, thanks. Is there a reason that I can not start the EA with EURCAD. During the process I observed the Page EXpert. When calling the EA I get the line EA successfully started. Starting the EA with OK I see line successfully removed. Karl

Nicholishen:
Great idea Sada!

So for example, LONG Trade 1 has past the obsolete time and is (profitable or not) and a SHORT signal is present then the EA will close the LONG and open a SHORT. This will NOT violate other filter/settings and SHOULD maintain MaxTrades correctly.

Should I add in a feature to replace the most profitable trade..or other idea?

Nicholishen, Great work on the EA and thanks Sada for the idea. Let me get this new feature straight as to exactly what it does.

Say, for example, that the conditions are met that initiates a BUY. What this does is check every pre-determined amount of time (obsoleteminutes) to see if the conditions are still there to keep the buy. Otherwise, after the predetermined time 15M, 30M, 60M, ect. it will close out of the trade and reverse and open a SELL. Is that correct?

If that is true, that is the BEST feature this EA could possible have. Much better than a trailing stop. In this case, it might be a good idea to have a higher Take Profit and a low Obsolete Minutes and see if the runners and run.

Wow! I love it.

Reason: