Stochastic Momentum Indicator (Index)

Could anybody please send/write the following indicator:

Stochastic Momentum Indicator (Index).

I have been able to find its formula only for metastock

Stochastic Momentum Indicator

100 * ( Mov( Mov(C - (.5 * ( HHV(H,13) + LLV(L,13))),25,E),2,E)/

(.5*Mov(Mov( HHV(H,13) - LLV(L,13),25,E),2,E)))

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Regards

Kale

Files:

licho:
Could anybody please send/write the following indicator:

Stochastic Momentum Indicator (Index).

I have been able to find its formula only for metastock

Stochastic Momentum Indicator

100 * ( Mov( Mov(C - (.5 * ( HHV(H,13) + LLV(L,13))),25,E),2,E)/

(.5*Mov(Mov( HHV(H,13) - LLV(L,13),25,E),2,E)))

Any help appreciated. Thank you.
Kalenzo:
Regards Kale

Great indicator...

Thx

hellkas:
Great indicator... Thx

I am not really sure if it is so great. Mabye it looks great only on history. We have to try it.

THis one is with alerts of cross stoch with 0

Files:

Definition:

Stochastic Momentum Index (SMI)

The Stochastic Momentum Index (SMI) is based on the Stochastic Oscillator. The difference is that the Stochastic Oscillator calculates where the close is relative to the high/low range, while the SMI calculates where the close is relative to the midpoint of the high/low range. The values of the SMI range from +100 to -100. When the close is greater than the midpoint, the SMI is above zero, when the close is less than than the midpoint, the SMI is below zero.

The SMI is interpreted the same way as the Stochastic Oscillator. Extreme high/low SMI values indicate overbought/oversold conditions. A buy signal is generated when the SMI rises above -50, or when it crosses above the signal line. A sell signal is generated when the SMI falls below +50, or when it crosses below the signal line. Also look for divergence with the price to signal the end of a trend or indicate a false trend.

The Stochastic Momentum Index was developed by William Blau and was introduced in his article in the January, 1993 issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities magazine.

May be it is the different indicator.

Just found inside my computer.

Files:
smi.mq4  4 kb

newdigital:
May be it is the different indicator. Just found inside my computer.

Yes, this is it.

Almost the same code as in my indicator.

I tryed to use just simple arrays in calculation, but as I see, the author of yours indicator used as usual buffers instead of arrays, the results are compleatly difrent. Hm. It is very interesting. Mabye this indicator repaints history?

Anyway, I don't think that this one is better than the others. So... keep searching

newdigital:
May be it is the different indicator. Just found inside my computer.

Thank you Newdigital. Having read some posts I can see thay you have almost everything for everyone in your computer

Regards

Hi Kalenzo

1) Your indicator paints past.

2) Do you have TRIX indicator? I need it.

Thanks

kohzadi:
Hi Kalenzo

1) Your indicator paints past.

2) Do you have TRIX indicator? I need it.

Thanks

Yes, sherlock, we all see that. Use this one with was attached by newdigital.

Trix was posted on this forum, i think it was in the wma cross thread, but i'm not sure. Try to search a little.

Reason: