New Experimental Expert Help!!! - page 2

As I understand your request, the attached EA is exactly working the way you want it.

I tested it on different accounts with M15 on EURUSD and cable, and it can be very profitable. But sometimes it needs human intervention when its open trades are stuck in wrong direction. In four weeks forward-testing this happened two times...

Files:

It's working now

Thanks Igor,

It's working now.

But if I may ask?

What is a Trecert file? And why do we need it?

Sometimes when I'm running multiple EAs, The other ones also have

a Trecert file. How does it distinguish. More importantly How do I distinguish?

Thanks.

Thank you Docsniper

Docsniper:
As I understand your request, the attached EA is exactly working the way you want it. I tested it on different accounts with M15 on EURUSD and cable, and it can be very profitable. But sometimes it needs human intervention when its open trades are stuck in wrong direction. In four weeks forward-testing this happened two times...

Dear Docsniper,

Thank you for making the Expert.

I know that may happen, So it needs trailing stops, Indicators, proper distance between the orders depending on currency and market sentiment.

Let me know if you are up for more development?

Thanks again.

FX-Hedger:
Thanks Igor,

It's working now.

But if I may ask?

What is a Trecert file? And why do we need it?

Sometimes when I'm running multiple EAs, The other ones also have

a Trecert file. How does it distinguish. More importantly How do I distinguish?

Thanks.

I am not Igor. He may reply later or he may correct me.

We need this file for backtesting. If we want to backtest EA so this file will help: we may open the chart after backtesting and will see all the trades on the chart. This file does not affect on any live/demo tradings.

To run multiple EAs we need magic number. Attach one EA with magic number 1011500 ("1" is the first EA; "01" may be the first pair (EURUSD); "15" is timeframe; "00" - it should be "00" because some EAs are using last two numbers to be "00" - Envelope 2.11 for example).

So different EAs or the same EAs with the different timeframes will have the different madgic numbers.

This example with the magic numbers figures is an example only. You may use your own figures. Any.

Why we need this magic numbers? If we run multiple EAs we will know which EA opened which order.

If EA was programed to use it together with the other EAs in one MetaTrader so it will help.

Hi ! another question

newdigital:
I am not Igor. He may reply later or he may correct me.

We need this file for backtesting. If we want to backtest EA so this file will help: we may open the chart after backtesting and will see all the trades on the chart. This file does not affect on any live/demo tradings.

To run multiple EAs we need magic number. Attach one EA with magic number 1011500 ("1" is the first EA; "01" may be the first pair (EURUSD); "15" is timeframe; "00" - it should be "00" because some EAs are using last two numbers to be "00" - Envelope 2.11 for example).

So different EAs or the same EAs with the different timeframes will have the different madgic numbers.

This example with the magic numbers figures is an example only. You may use your own figures. Any.

Why we need this magic numbers? If we run multiple EAs we will know which EA opened which order.

If EA was programed to use it together with the other EAs in one MetaTrader so it will help.

Dear Newdigital,

Thanks for the explanation.

Can you please tell me the difference between Docsniper and Igor's system? and what their variables mean?

Thanks again.

Trouble with EA

igorad:
Hi,

I think that it is possible to live test the first version of this expert.

In this expert there are many questions concerning opening and closing of orders. Bugs are complex enough for finding at backtesting.

This version is without using trailing stops.

Igor

Hi ! Igor,

The expert places buy limits below market and sell limits above. It should be the oher way around.

Can you fixit?

Thanks.

Sorry, forgot to post the settings I tested this expert with:

M15 on Cable and EURUSD, starting with 0.2 Lots, maximum 4 Trades. ReverseCondition=0 und AccountProtection=1.

I did again some forward testing on a new demoaccount, see attached todays statement.

bye

Micha

Reason: