Perkyasctrend1

I use the PerkyAsctrend1 custom indicator from 3 AM EST until 12 noon EST and it is profitable every week. I would like to make this indicator into an EA. Is this possible?

this is perky I did this conversion - it was one of the first conversions up to meta4 now there are many

im surprised you can make it profitable - I never have what time frame do you work it form..

I discovered that they dots look great on the chart but on a put the dots at the other end of the bar and its almost untradable

i.e on a sell dot the dot appears at the top of the bar - imagine it at the other end of the bar because thats where you would be trading it from really

and its not so good..

ive atempted to make an ea in the past and it wasnt possible

as i got strange values being passed from the indicator back to the expert

Perkyasctrend1

Can someone please give some example code that I would need to add to Perkyasctrend1 so that it would return a 1 when a buy alert occurs, a 2 when a sell alert occurs, and a 0 all other times.

Can you also give the sample iCustom code needed to get to that data from an expert?

Everytime I try to pull data via iCustom from Perkyasctrend1 I get the number 2147483647.

For example, with the following code both Buy1_1 and CloseBuy1_1 are at 2147483647 all the time. Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

double Buy1_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "PerkyAsctrend1", 1, Current + 0);

double Buy1_2 = 0.00;

double CloseBuy1_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "PerkyAsctrend1", 0, Current + 0);

double CloseBuy1_2 = 0.00;

Thanks!

what function is "PerkyAsctrend1"?

jasonphd:
double Buy1_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "PerkyAsctrend1", 1, Current + 0);

double Buy1_2 = 0.00;

double CloseBuy1_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "PerkyAsctrend1", 0, Current + 0);

double CloseBuy1_2 = 0.00;

It works...

Perky, I have been following your developments for the past 3 years, and just wanted to say, thankyou for your contribution, you alone have provided enough trading tools to allow even the most basic, newby trader to make profits from a standing start. I don't know of any other contributor that can lay claim to your title, cheers, mattfx

Agreed. Good indicator. You just need it to give an indicator immediately after the tick, instead of at the end of the bar. Can you take a look at it perky?

you need a different exit system .... or it will take you for lunch

I like the indicator .... but be careful .... buy on the signal ..... but do not wait for the reverse to sell or drawdowns can be HUGE! You need another indicator for exits. EUR/JPY pair works well with this system. IMO

Here is the link to get the free indicator:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9787

There is another indicator [not free] called tfx Reversal ..... these are the exact same indicators. I prefer the free indicator as it is in MT4 file format ..... not in an exe file .... as is ...... tfx Reversal. IMO

EA for this .... don't think it is possiable

Exits would make this not profitable or your profits would be very small, unless trends would follow weekly runs at least. IMO

crawfg75:
I use the PerkyAsctrend1 custom indicator from 3 AM EST until 12 noon EST and it is profitable every week. I would like to make this indicator into an EA. Is this possible?

Help Please

ut2DaMax:
I like the indicator .... but be careful .... buy on the signal ..... but do not wait for the reverse to sell or drawdowns can be HUGE! You need another indicator for exits. EUR/JPY pair works well with this system. IMO

Here is the link to get the free indicator:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9787

There is another indicator [not free] called tfx Reversal ..... these are the exact same indicators. I prefer the free indicator as it is in MT4 file format ..... not in an exe file .... as is ...... tfx Reversal. IMO

Is it possible to have the indicator posted here?

I went to the page but it was in Russian and i had trouble finding it.

Thanks

It's good, but it's signals are too late

Reason: