Exit Strategy: Stepping Stops vs. Trailing Stops - page 4

I used it some time ago and as I remember I tested this EA on demo to find some good settings for me. So, you can open the orders and try to use this EA with the different settins. It will take half a day but you will know everything. As to me so I don't remember now sorry. It used it and posted the results (some settings suggestions) on this thread as well.

newdigital:
I used it some time ago and as I remember I tested this EA on demo to find some good settings for me. So, you can open the orders and try to use this EA with the different settins. It will take half a day but you will know everything. As to me so I don't remember now sorry. It used it and posted the results (some settings suggestions) on this thread as well.

ND

This is the type of trailing stop for Elite portfolio.It is best to use on all portfolio EAS AND ON THE EA THEMSELVES

eL cID

Yes it is very simple EA. I used it with real account for asctrend trading system on M5 timeframe and it worked fine as I remember. But as I remember I had some difficulties to estimate the settings for this trail EA as it took some time for me. Because original request (in the beginning of this thread) and EA itself (some coding) was slightly different from each other so it was necessary to spend the time to find some settings.

newdigital:
Yes it is very simple EA. I used it with real account for asctrend trading system on M5 timeframe and it worked fine as I remember. But as I remember I had some difficulties to estimate the settings for this trail EA as it took some time for me. Because original request (in the beginning of this thread) and EA itself (some coding) was slightly different from each other so it was necessary to spend the time to find some settings.

You just put highest figure like 2*atr as your target and use percentages.

I have a private version of similiar trailing stop which I use in all my EAS

Regards

El cid

igorad:
Hi,

I just have finished 1st version of Stepped Stops EA.

I need help to test it, because it is possible only on real trade.

How to use?

Open position and then apply EA - the expert will make all rest.

Igor

Hi Guys

Any updates or additions to this EA?

Thanks Wayne

Exit EA for Manual Traders

Good day. I am looking for a coder please.

(ND, if this is not the correct place for this please move it. I was not sure whether to post here or in the EA section?)

Please, I know there are exit strategies for manual traders, but none of them do what I require!

Stockwets EA comes close, but the TS does not work, and even if it did, it does not have a step function?

EA must handle all trades, not just the chart it is on.

I must be able to enter the value of the lots to close and these should be closed in four steps.

The opening value of the trade should be totally immaterial to the EA.

After closing whatever the set portions are in Steps 1 to 3, the balance, whatever the value, should trail as described below.

If the initial value entered is not big enough to allow for all 4 trades to be fulfilled, then the EA must understand this and close as per normal till there are no funds, even if it has not completed all the steps.

Step 1, a defined TP. SL must be equal to TP by default.

Step 2, second TP, SL must be equal to Step 1 SL.

Step 3, third TP, SL must be equal to Step 1 SL.

When Step 1 TP is hit, move SL to Entry Price.

When Step 2 TP is hit, Move SL to Entry Price +55.

When Step 3 TP is hit, Move the SL to -55 from current price and start a Trailing Stop. The TS should advance in steps of 15 pips from this point onwards.

I know that a TS gives back profits, my style of trading allows for TP 1 and 2 to make the necessary margin I require per trade.

TP 3 and the TS are there purely to make the most of a trend that does run, if it runs.

I trade mostly H4 and D1 charts, occasionally Weekly also, but I mostly just use that for trend verification.

So with that in mind, my stops are usually large by normal traders standards, well they seem to scare the hell out of people on this forum, so without scaring anyone, lets set the defaults as follows.

Step 1 TP = 55

Step 2 TP = 144

Step 3 TP = 233

Is anyone able to or does anyone have the time to code this for me please?

Cheers and thanks

Wayne

I moved your post to this thread as I think it will be easy to modify already existing EA than to create totally new one.

The other threads related to this subject:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175843

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

set the stop lossautomatically

Dear friends:

can the mt4 set the stop loss automaticaly. for example , i trande cable everyday, i always need a 20 pips stoploss, so can mt4 set it automatically when i open a position. now ,we always set it manully, i think it is too slow, if some great move will come.

regards

Many EAs can do that. I just moved your post to one of them.

Somebody help me, please ?

Could somebody help me ?

I need ea that close all open positions (for certain pair) when 2 MA crossed.

Off course, if faster MA crossed down slower MA it close long position, vice versa.

Variabels :

- Faster MA type

- Faster MA value

- Slower MA type

- Slower MA value

- TimeFrame (we can fixed the timeframe without being interferred

when we switching between graph timeframe windows)

I prefer to enter the trade manually and let the ea babysitting my trade until the trend reversed.

Can anybody tell me about any ea available that fulfill my wish ?

I have tried to modified MA crossed EA, but it didn't work.

Infact, i have no idea about the code in that EA.

Can anybody modified it for me, please ?

Thank you for your kindness.

Files:
Reason: