Password protection to EA - page 4

smeden:
Hi

I am going to host an EA with my broker and I want add so the EA can only be used on my account.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Very simple. Add this to your start()

int start(){

if(AccountNumber() != 1234)return(0);

}

Insert your account number where the 1234 is and then compile.

Does anyone know how stop the EA from entering a new order when the last one was profittable. I know you can use the OrderProfit() function but what is the complete entry?

Thanx!

Nicholishen:
Very simple. Add this to your start()
int start(){

if(AccountNumber() != 1234)return(0);

}
Insert your account number where the 1234 is and then compile.

Thanks.....

I want to be able to add an expiring date on the EA.

Ex. It will delete it self after X amount of days.

Is this possible?

Thanks

smeden:
I want to be able to add an expiring date on the EA.

Ex. It will delete it self after X amount of days.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Yes, it's possible but you have to write a dll to do that.

Hi codersguru, do you think it's save to give someone our EX4 file since I know that someone has service to de-compile it with only small amount of money ? Or is there other way for protecting our EA ? Thank you in advance

Can anyone help me to add a 30 day expiring date on an EA?

It is because we are a small group who trades an EA semi automatic and I am curve fitting the EA once a month and posting it on my website.

So this way I can be sure that all got the updated version and that they did read the news on the website.

No snake oil here.

smeden:
Can anyone help me to add a 30 day expiring date on an EA?

It is because we are a small group who trades an EA semi automatic and I am curve fitting the EA once a month and posting it on my website.

So this way I can be sure that all got the updated version and that they did read the news on the website.

No snake oil here.

The simple solution would be to add something like this...

int start(){

if(Month()>=5 )// where the number represents the month number

return(0);

}

cockeyedcowboy:
Or if your an IB and giving a system for new accounts, you can tie the system to your IB account. The new trader will be abile to use the system on his account with you only. Protecting you from him using it on accounts that will not generate any commissions to you.

I ask too why PassWord? It will make difference how to protect the code.

The CockeyedCowboy

Smart idea - How do i tie indicators and ea's to me as an introducing broker - i guess i would have to place my ib link somewhere for it to correlate.

Do u have the code for this ? (with a blank spot for my ib link?)

Or else I could program it if u can direct me.

tnx

pip-gandalf:
Smart idea - How do i tie indicators and ea's to me as an introducing broker - i guess i would have to place my ib link somewhere for it to correlate.

Do u have the code for this ? (with a blank spot for my ib link?)

Or else I could program it if u can direct me.

tnx

You can tie it to your client's account number so he can use it to trade just that account only. That way he cant use it on another account with a different broker. Nor can he give it away to some one else to use with out them getting an account with you.

You can put your IB name, contact info, etc... so if some does get a copy of the Expert they know who to contact. Or you could put a timer in the code so any unauthorized user can try it out first, that is if its good .

The CockeyedCowboy

Reason: