Pivot System - page 3

cucurucu:
This EA has to be tested longer than few days due to its nature. As you can see on the chart attached in post #1, it keeps an open position until the EMA3 crosses the Pivot in the other direction(usually for several days). Look at the last cross on 22 Feb 2006 - that short position is still open. Until the EMA3 crosses the pivot going UP, you will not have any trade.

Thank you for your support.

Bye.

Cucurucu,

thanks for your help in advance = I need to be myself sure, is it neccesary to attach indicator you have attached becouse without it this EA do not work??

Hi glader

No, you don't have to attach the indicators on the chart. You just have to keep the indicators compiled in the ...\experts\indicators folder.

Are you saying that you tried the EA and it didn't worked? Please put all the files where they belong and compile them. After that it should be working.

Please let me know if this helps.

BrunoFX:
Hello, Big work cucurucu. I will try this ea with FT: H4 with GBPJPY, for few days

Hello cucurucu,

After a crash PC this night, the ae starts again now

Files:

cucurucu:
No, you don't have to attach the indicators on the chart. You just have to keep the indicators compiled in the ...\experts\indicators folder.

Are you saying that you tried the EA and it didn't worked? Please put all the files where they belong and compile them. After that it should be working.

Please let me know if this helps.

Hi,

I tried to save and compile EA in my MT4, but there is an error msg in MetaEditor (while compiling your EA):

"Function "fModifyStopLoss" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file"

!!!!!

Can you please check??

thanks a lot,

GLADER

That is no problem.

I was using a kind of stoploss feature but I have cut it out. You have nothing to worry about. That's not an error, it's just a warning.

I use the EA the same way(I get that warning when compiling) and there is no problem

Watch out for an upward cross today. Attach the EA as soon as possible - you don't want to miss the entry point.

cucurucu:
That is no problem.

I was using a kind of stoploss feature but I have cut it out. You have nothing to worry about. That's not an error, it's just a warning.

I use the EA the same way(I get that warning when compiling) and there is no problem

Watch out for an upward cross today. Attach the EA as soon as possible - you don't want to miss the entry point.

Doing some backtesting,

this EA is loosing money,

I don think this SYSTEM, becouse it looks good, but this EA needs improving...

Have you read this post?

cucurucu:
Please note that this works better if you don't have sundays on your chart. I have an Alpari account and it's ok (Monday-Friday), but my MIG account displays sundays, so the pivot and S/R lines are messed up.

I have noticed that you have a big losing trade taken on 11 Dec 2005(that's Sunday). Which broker did you used for the backtest? Where did you get the data from?

I'm not saying that this EA is good. It still needs work. I am in process of improving it.

Until I'll post the new version, please forward test this version and post the results. May be we will find some flaws that need to be taken care of in the new version.

Bye.

cucurucu:
Have you read this post?

I have noticed that you have a big losing trade taken on 11 Dec 2005(that's Sunday). Which broker did you used for the backtest? Where did you get the data from?

I'm not saying that this EA is good. It still needs work. I am in process of improving it.

Until I'll post the new version, please forward test this version and post the results. May be we will find some flaws that need to be taken care of in the new version.

Bye.

I backtested from IBFX (broker).

I will do some forward testing, looking forward to EA improvement

I think this is good strategy...

Pls just specify, which configuration of your EA are you using or recommending...

thanks...

Recommended settings

Timeframe=H4 (you can also try H1 if you want but i think H4 is better)

StopLoss =1000

TrailingStop=1000

TakeProfit=1000

(it will exit a trade only on indicators signal)

ProfitModifySL=Any value because it's disabled (that's why you got the warning)

I appreciate your interest glader. Please take a look at other indicators/signals that we might include in this EA, as filters.

When it opens a position, please let me know. I have modified my version of the EA and I would like to know what is doing the first version.

Thanks.

Reason: