Easy iCustom and Alerts! - page 6

General Scalar Threshold Alert Indicator

Hello all

I hacked Guru's code to simply alarm when one indicator [defaults for Momentum] crosses a variable "Threshold" that you configure [default 100].

Unfortunately I am new here, and attachments don't work for some reason. Anyway the code is available for usage/improvements. I searched so many alarm hacks here which exist solely to add an alarm or an arrow, that we have come to a turning point. We need wrappers for indicators to extend functionality, not indicator code that has been hacked to bits for a dozen inconsistent and mutually-exclusive tasks.

Multiple alarms would be useful, employed by a half-dozen "Threshold" variables with configurable wav files .

Geez - why did this thread die? It looks like a great tool, with a lot of thought behind it. But no follow up on the:

email alerts

default to work with indicator & time frames on the chart it is loaded on

codersguru - it'd be great if you found some time for these...I think a bunch of us would get a lot of use (if not pips) out of them.

sound signal for trade

Hello i let some ea`s work for me an i want a sound signal when the ea open a trade and when the trade close!

but i dont find it in the setup of metatrader.....

had somebody an idea or a tool for my problem?

thx greets joerg

Try using the PlaySound function

JoergGermany:
Hello i let some ea`s work for me an i want a sound signal when the ea open a trade and when the trade close!

but i dont find it in the setup of metatrader.....

had somebody an idea or a tool for my problem?

thx greets joerg

Here's an example of the function at work (obviously you'll have to adapt it to your EA's code after OrderSend, etc):

if(IsDemo()) PlaySound("alert.wav");

Just make sure that the wave file is located in the terminal_dir\sounds directory or in its subdirectory.

Hope that helps!

renegado:
Here's an example of the function at work (obviously you'll have to adapt it to your EA's code after OrderSend, etc):
if(IsDemo()) PlaySound("alert.wav");

Just make sure that the wave file is located in the terminal_dir\sounds directory or in its subdirectory.

Hope that helps!

hi thats to complicadet for me i don`t no what i should made. i`m a new trader i stay at the begin!

but thanks for your help!

Indicator idea - programmable timer

Hi all -

I have been doing a series of exercises that involve checking the charts every 15 minutes. I have also been practicing a strat based on hour charts. I thought it would be nice to have something that would 'ping' me when it was time to check charts. Here is my idea -

-> An indicator (script? EA?) that has a few different time based settings that would sound a user selectable audio file at the programmed interval.

In other words, let's say I wanted to hear an alert every 15 minutes starting at 4:59. And I wanted to hear an alert every hour starting at 4:58. And just for ducks, I wanted to hear a different sound every 4 hours starting at 1:55. I have been looking at code to begin understanding how to program but I'm a ways off yet. Would anyone find it interesting or useful to write this? Hopefully I posted in the right place... ;-}

Edit - ND moved this post here after I started it somewhere else (thanks nd ;-). iCustom and alerts looks pretty comprehensive! I'll study it and see if I can get it to play alerts at regular intervals.

-thanks

PowerBySol:
Hi all -

I have been doing a series of exercises that involve checking the charts every 15 minutes. I have also been practicing a strat based on hour charts. I thought it would be nice to have something that would 'ping' me when it was time to check charts. Here is my idea -

-> An indicator (script? EA?) that has a few different time based settings that would sound a user selectable audio file at the programmed interval.

In other words, let's say I wanted to hear an alert every 15 minutes starting at 4:59. And I wanted to hear an alert every hour starting at 4:58. And just for ducks, I wanted to hear a different sound every 4 hours starting at 1:55. I have been looking at code to begin understanding how to program but I'm a ways off yet. Would anyone find it interesting or useful to write this? Hopefully I posted in the right place... ;-}

Edit - ND moved this post here after I started it somewhere else (thanks nd ;-). iCustom and alerts looks pretty comprehensive! I'll study it and see if I can get it to play alerts at regular intervals.

-thanks

thanks alot

How to make EA that sends mail every stop / limit order executed...

Hi guys,

I trade manually, and very often I place stop / limit orders. I was wondering if there's an EA that can tell me every time the stop/limit order executed...

I love EA, I used an EA to close all open position when a total profit number reached. But I still haven't found one to trade automatically and leave all the manual job behind

Thanks so much for your helping.

un1v3ga:
Hi guys,

I trade manually, and very often I place stop / limit orders. I was wondering if there's an EA that can tell me every time the stop/limit order executed...

I love EA, I used an EA to close all open position when a total profit number reached. But I still haven't found one to trade automatically and leave all the manual job behind Thanks so much for your helping.

You can get a lot of info form this thread.

Also this thread> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

And this one> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173821

please give a tip.....

I have a quick question please....

I have this indicator ( attached).... Can you please tell me how I can use icustom indicator buy when price > RED line and Sell when the Price < Blue Line.

( see picture)

Can you just correct this piece of my code.... I just need to know how the get teh value of the REd and the Blue line.

//double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

if (iClose(Symbol(), 0, 1) > iCustom(NULL, 0,"VoltyChannel_Stop_v2.1",?????) // BUY when price gets over Red line

if (iClose(Symbol(), 0, 1) < iCustom(NULL, 0,"VoltyChannel_Stop_v2.1",?????)) // Sell when price gets below blue line

Files:
Reason: