Help Adding Custom Indicator To Metatrader

Someone please help,

I have not been successfull in adding any new indicators to metatrader program since last two builds have been sent.

I dont understand. Interbank customer service says I need mq4 and exe files now to make them work Where do i get exe files for indicators I have downloaded? They all are just mq4. I am not computer savy however before I just typed program files/metatrader 4/ experts/indicators and it loaded onto custom indicator column. I am confused

WannaBeATrader:
Someone please help,

I have not been successfull in adding any new indicators to metatrader program since last two builds have been sent.

I dont understand. Interbank customer service says I need mq4 and exe files now to make them work Where do i get exe files for indicators I have downloaded? They all are just mq4. I am not computer savy however before I just typed program files/metatrader 4/ experts/indicators and it loaded onto custom indicator column. I am confused

Open MetaEditor and compile custom indicator. The Metaditor will create ex4 file. MetaTrader is using ex4 files. Sometimes the Metatrader is compiling the mql4 files without our participation. Sometimes not. So use MetaEditor.

Or open MetaTrader, click "modify" on any indicator in the navigation panel, MetaEditor will be opened, then open the mql4 file from MetaEditor and compile it.

custom indicators

Thanks! You guys are great! Got it to create exe. file but now I can't get it to load to metatrader navigator column. Anyone have a copy of Metatrader for Dummies?

.ex4 vanishing like mist

Please help, anyone. I have some .ex4 indicators which I want to use in MT4. A while ago I simply copied them into the experts/indicators directory, shut down and re-started MetaTrader and there they were. But lately the same procedure results in the ex4 file literaly disappearing from the indicators directory. Maybe I've inadvertently changed something somewhere that causes this behaviour. Any ideas, anyone, please.

Happy trading

SADragon:
Please help, anyone. I have some .ex4 indicators which I want to use in MT4. A while ago I simply copied them into the experts/indicators directory, shut down and re-started MetaTrader and there they were. But lately the same procedure results in the ex4 file literaly disappearing from the indicators directory. Maybe I've inadvertently changed something somewhere that causes this behaviour. Any ideas, anyone, please. Happy trading

It may be because of two reasons:

- ex4 files were created by the old build of Metatrader4/MetaEditor.

- during the updating to the new build (I do not remember which one - 188 or 190) the program is deleting the all ex4 files to create new ones which are compatible to this new build.

Bummer!

Thanks NewDigital. This is not good news. I had a nice indicator called Dynamic Support/Resistance. I only have the ex4 file. Do you know if there is anything I can do? - or maybe where I can find a similar indicator.

Great job on this site. I'm an avid follower.

Happy trading

Compiling custom indicator

I am able to compile custom indicator from my program files, but when i type

program file/metatrader 4/experts/indicators it will not install to the indicator section of metatrader. I am stumped. I used to install custom indicators all the time but since the last to builds I have no luck! Please help.

Place the indicator in program file/metatrader 4/experts/indicators folder as normal file. Then open MetaTrader, right click on any custom indicator, choose "modify", the MetaEditor will be opened, click "Open" and select you already placed indicator and compile it.

And remove all unused indicators to other place. If you have many indicators in /indicator folder you will not be able to find something sometimes.

WannaBeATrader:
I am able to compile custom indicator from my program files, but when i type program file/metatrader 4/experts/indicators it will not install to the indicator section of metatrader. I am stumped. I used to install custom indicators all the time but since the last to builds I have no luck! Please help.

The same problem but more

I have the same problem but when I go to compile, an error code comes up and says cant launch compiler, could someone help with this one.

Check if you have MetaLang.exe in metatrader folder. If not, then it is the problem (it is the compiler file) you are having, and you will have to re-install metatrader. If you have it, then it is probably corrupted and again the best is to reinstall the metatrader (I assume that it is not blocked by an antivirus you are using).

Rainbow:
I have the same problem but when I go to compile, an error code comes up and says cant launch compiler, could someone help with this one.

Thanks Mladen

Thanks Mladen it looks like I will re-install - will I loose the custom indicators and EA's that I have in there already. If so how can I save them so I can put them back in, is there an easy way to do this.

Reason: