Super 7 Trading System - page 3

34-ema

holyguy7:
I don't believe I changed the risk values. However, I went ahead and switched the signal to the SilverTrend as if you use the other indicators you get pretty much the same results.

I also decided to add a couple other indicators (secondary) to the mix to help find trend reversals. I decided to add Moving Averages and Parabolic SAR.

The EMAs are set to 8 and 34 (Fibonnaci Numbers) and seem to help out as an extra indicator.

Please tell me what you all think. Are they needed or just add clutter. I really think we are on to something here.

Hello there; may I suggest you try the 25-EMA (close) on the HRLY-chart. It seems to work better. I have traded it live for 3 months now having changed from 34-EMA.

Exit

Many use 25 and 34 EMA together. What about using a 25 LSMA color change at the end of a move for an exit signal? You'll always end up getting a buy signal after and if the trend ends up continuing then you can just re-enter with another position.

seems to work well,

Jax

Modification of Super 7 to Super 8

Audio:
hi holyguy7 is these aright set up?

Looks very good. I also added in NewDigital's two indicators and took out the ASC Trend Signal for simplification. What I like about SilverTrend Signals is that they seem to find the trend earlier than ASC's, however, they do give more signals and whiplash more often.

However, if you use this with the other indicators, it should work out better. Also remember to use some common sense. For instance some times that you will want to watch out for are:

1. News announcements (be prepared for major ones especially)

2. Asian Session. I seems that there is the most whiplash during the asian session because the price is not moving too much. I would just take a wait and see approach during that time and usually around 2 p.m. EST the price starts trending in one direction or another again.

Perhaps creating an EA that closes the trade at the beginning of the Asian session might be a way to go.

Anyhow, I have modified the system to add another indicator that appears to help by NewDigital (thanks). The Filter AO appears to be a good addition to the trend trading system.

Here is all the indicators and my recolored profile so that you don't have to do the work to recolor code the indicators yourself.

A few more screen shots to boot. Now, the 4 must agree. Not as catchy but if it make us money, who cares, I will use it if it is profitable even if it is call Pig Barf Trending System.

Files:
eurusd_4.gif  31 kb
gbpjpy_1.gif  17 kb
nzdjpy.gif  29 kb

Indicator

dirk:
Guys ,big help adding Stormy indicator

Dirk,

Where can I get the stormy indicator and how do you used it?

Dave

downunderdave40:
Dirk,

Where can I get the stormy indicator and how do you used it?

Dave

goto this site for tutorial and download

http://www.beginnertrader.com/?cat=8

or download here

Shahzadfx:
Here u go. SFX

can you please post a template so i can get my chart exactly like yours.

Thanks.

Shahzadfx:
Here u go. SFX

can someone tell me how to get the green bands in with the other indicators. thanks

holyguy7:
I don't believe I changed the risk values. However, I went ahead and switched the signal to the SilverTrend as if you use the other indicators you get pretty much the same results.

I also decided to add a couple other indicators (secondary) to the mix to help find trend reversals. I decided to add Moving Averages and Parabolic SAR.

The EMAs are set to 8 and 34 (Fibonnaci Numbers) and seem to help out as an extra indicator.

Please tell me what you all think. Are they needed or just add clutter. I really think we are on to something here.

Holyguy7,

I think the parabolic sars are redundent, since the arrows occur at th same time.

If I were going to add moving averages, here's what I would add:

5wma, 21 wma, 55ema, all set to median price

When the 5wma begins to change direction, it's a good indicator

The 55ema is critical support and resistance to cross

All 3 are fib numbers

Matman132

Here's the 4-color OSMA:

Files:

I was looking at the signal this morning and thinking na its NFP friday price prolly wont move much. ERRRRRR next time Ill take the signal and ignor the newsday.

Nice looking system!

Reason: