Move Stop to Break even - page 2

Thank you for the quick post of this EA Igor! It is Saturday so I cannot test this Expert Live, but I have viewed the properties and its Input Value is 30. Does this EA move the Stop to Breakeven once my trade has moved 30 pips favorably in my entry direction? If so, that is awesome! I will test out Mon. on a demo trade. I have planned an exit strategy like this:

1) Enter MANUALLY based on my entry criteria

2) MANUALLY set initial Stop 30 pips behind entry

3) Once trade moves 20 pips in my favor, the EA will automatically move Stop to Breakeven ( I assume I will hae to change the Input Value in code to 20)

4) Take profit at +60 pips

I have a slightly more complex exit strategy that goes like this:

1) Enter MANUALLY based on my entry criteria

2) MANUALLY set initial Stop 30 pips behind entry

3) Once trade moves 10 pips in my favor, automatically move Stop to -15pips behind entry point.

4) Once trade moves 15 pips in my favor, automatically move Stop to -10 pips behind entry point.

5) Once trade moves 20 pips in my favor, automatically move Stop to Breakeven.

6) Once trade moves 30 pips in my favor, automatically move Stop to +10 pips after entry point.

7) Once trade moves 40 pips in my favor, automatically move Stop to +20 pips after entry point

8) Once trade moves 50 pips in my favor, automatically move Stop to +35 pips after entry point

9) Once trade moves 55 pips in my favor, automatically move Stop to +45 pips after entry point

10) Take profit at +60 pips.

It would be so cool to have a flexible EA that a trader could change the exact #'s in the EA to move stops in a stepping ( not trailing) fashion. I prefer moving stops in steps as opposed to trailing stops because I feel stepping stops allow more room for the trade to breathe, Examples:

Trailing Stop: I enter a L cable trade with a trailing stop of 20 pips. The trade moves +38 pips and then retreats 24 pips, lstopping me out at the 20 retreat level and leaving me with a profit of +18 pips.

Stepping Stop: I enter a L cable trade with a Moving Stepping Stop similiar to the 2nd one I listed above. The trade moves +38 pips and then retreats 24 pips. Because my Stop was moved by the EA to +10 once a move of +30 occurred, I am still in the trade L. After the bears have exhausted their power and the retrace has ended, the bulls continue their charge. My Stops are Stepped along the way, and I take profit at +60 pips (or whatever level you desire, depending on Timeframe preferrence) I like 60min chart trading.

Igor, or any other coding geniuses, are you willing to help me on my mission to find a more effective exit strategy? I am willing to share my manual entry criteria, I have backtested it visually & it is VERY PROFITABLE if it could be used with my suggested Stepping Stop Exit EA.

-Stu

Need help from Coders for MM-Indicator!

Dear All,

i found this great tool in another forum and now i would like to add something useful. Unfortunately i am not a coder - so i need some help.

I would be very grateful, if its possible to add the following functions.

1. The summary of Lots per each Pair .

2. The Max.Lot/Pos.Lot - Value for the account.

I have attached a screen-shot for a better understanding - the changes i have tagged in yellow-colour.

Thank you all in advance!

Heavy-Trader

Files:
breakeven.jpg  19 kb
breakeven.mq4  8 kb

Semi Auto EA

Hello All

Does anyone have an EA like that.

Manualy open a trade at x lots.

When the trade reach z pips close y% of my trade an put my stop at zero.

Exemple :

I open a trade at 8 lots when i reach 20 pips close 50% of lots (4) and put my stop at zero.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my poor english.

PipeTrader

I moved your post to this thread but i am not sure that this Breakeven EA (posted on this thtread) is exactly what you need. Anyway it can be modify for partial close.

Or just check this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176995

Looking for SIMPLE trade manager

Any of you guy's & girls know of a SIMPLE trade manager?

TP, SL, & breakeven would be fantastic.

All those I've found assume the user has a degree in maths!

A VERY SIMPLE ONE, PLEASE.

I fly 'planes, I don't build them.

Thanks

Another one I owe you Newdigital

newdigital:
I moved your post to this thread but i am not sure that this Breakeven EA (posted on this thtread) is exactly what you need. Anyway it can be modify for partial close. Or just check this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176995

Many thank's Newdigital. I can get my head around thias one.

Also, many thank's to 'Igorad' Great stuff.

PipeTrader:
Hello All

Does anyone have an EA like that.

Manualy open a trade at x lots.

When the trade reach z pips close y% of my trade an put my stop at zero.

Exemple :

I open a trade at 8 lots when i reach 20 pips close 50% of lots (4) and put my stop at zero.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my poor english.

PipeTrader

PipeTrader,

If you are still looking, this is what you're after.

Manage Take Profit

EA which moves to breakeven and does not trail

Hi

Does anyone have an EA which moves to breakeven (or to a small number of pips in profit e.g. 5 pips) after profit has reached a certain level, and does NOT trail?

All the EAs which I have found and do something like this, offer so many confusing bells and whistles - I just want something simple

thanx

JRtrader

It is breakeven as I understand so I moved your post to this thread where you can find few of them.

Reason: