Trailing stop order (sell stop/buy stop)

To add comments, please log in or register
Michalis Phylactou
Michalis Phylactou  

Hi guys 

Can someone help me with creating this code.

A stop order already exists (it is either a buy stop or sell stop).

It is J pips away from the current market price.

As the market moves away from the entry price by an adjustable number of pips (K pips ) ,the entry price of the stop order is modified to remain J pips away from the current market price . 

Thank you. 

honest_knave
honest_knave  

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Welcome,

• Usually people who cannot code do not receive free help on this forum, although it could happen if you are lucky. Be patient.
  • If you show your attempts and describe your problem clearly, you will most probably receive an answer from the community.
  • If you do not want to learn to code, that is not a problem. You can either look at the Codebase if something free already exists, or in the Market for paid products (also sometimes free).

Good luck. 

Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro  
Michalis Phylactou: Can someone help me with creating this code.

A stop order already exists (it is either a buy stop or sell stop).

It is J pips away from the current market price.

As the market moves away from the entry price by an adjustable number of pips (K pips ) ,the entry price of the stop order is modified to remain J pips away from the current market price .

I don't understand why you are placing this request.

You are a coder and supply your services on the Freelance section!

From the EAs you have on Market, this seems like a very simple task for you!

Michalis Phylactou
Michalis Phylactou  
Fernando Carreiro:

I don't understand why you are placing this request.

You are a coder and supply your services on the Freelance section!

From the EAs you have on Market, this seems like a very simple task for you!

I just had a bit of burnout in my mind from doing a number of things and couldn't work it out in the current time to include it in the EA I was working on.  So I thought maybe someone had this part of code already as a function and could share it.  

No problem I will figure it tomorrow.

Thank you :) 

Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro  
Michalis Phylactou: I just had a bit of burnout in my mind from doing a number of things and couldn't work it out in the current time to include it in the EA I was working on.  So I thought maybe someone had this part of code already as a function and could share it. No problem I will figure it tomorrow.
Sorry, but I don't have anything like that because I don't use Pending Orders in my EAs.
Michalis Phylactou
Michalis Phylactou  
Fernando Carreiro:
Sorry, but I don't have anything like take because I don't use Pending Orders in my EAs.

No problem

Thank you Fernando .

To add comments, please log in or register