Scalp_net - page 37

In Scalp_net_1.5f I found this line:

if(lot<0.1) lot=0.1;

What is its goal?. I was thinking of live testing this EA with a 250$ mini account, using 0.01 sized lots.

kovan:
In Scalp_net_1.5f I found this line:
if(lot<0.1) lot=0.1;
What is its goal?. I was thinking of live testing this EA with a 250$ mini account, using 0.01 sized lots.

The goal is to set a minimum lot. Delete the line or change it to if(lot<0.01) lot=0.01;

v1.5 support 5digit broker? I'm testing it on alpari uk.

No trade yet.

Trades not often solution.

I can tell you that if you are using v1.3.2 (maybe the others too) that the default settings must be changed for micro accounts otherwise 100 pip stop will actually be 1000 pip stop and you wont get many trades. so, dont forget to change point ratio to 1.

As far as back testing goes, I get much better results (v1.3.2) with larger stops. It seems to me that the volatility of EU has changed so much since it was decided that 100 pips was a good stop and take. I think I will change the stop mech on it to be based on the current vol instead of pips. Any system I have ever worked on has always performed better and been more robust with a vol based stop and take profit.

Endo,

Thanks for your post-- I read through the entire thread, and could not find the answer until the very last post which was yours.

It looks like a very good EA, but I am having the same problem. Unfortunately I do not know how to change this "Point Ratio." Can you enlighten me?

I thought I was losing my mind because there were so many more trades on the tests and results of the thread. I am using V. 1.3 TF.

Thanks,

Chili

Endo,

Nevermind-- When I recompiled the change in lot size, the updated version was not going back to my strategy tester even though I closed MT4. It just finally did and I don't know why, but thank you just the same.

Chili

Are you talking about 5 digit with Scalp_net?

Which version?

I do not think that 0.01 size is the problem.

May be you have 5 digit broker?

newdigital:
Are you talking about 5 digit with Scalp_net?

Which version?

I do not think that 0.01 size is the problem.

May be you have 5 digit broker?

Hi Newdigital,

Thanks for the wonderful work done by you and your team. I am new. Just one question for now, does scalp_net 1.5 works on 5 digit brokers, or I just need to add one "0" to the tp, sl and t/s. Thanks.

Hi Newdigital or other senior member, I tried to let the ea run at lot size lower than 0.1 and try delete "if(lot<0.1) lot=0.1" line, but didn't work, error message "ordersent error 131" was shown on screen. What should I do, sorry that I don't know about ea programming.

Another question is how to let EA do trailing stop after take profit target is met.

Thanks. By the way, I did the backtesting from feb. 01 to April. 01, 2009, with 90 stop loss and 100 tp without T/S, result is pretty good, 5000 turn into 6400 with trading 0.1 lot only.

Which version?

There are many versions here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

Reason: