GoldWarrior02b - page 3

This took almost the whole day to run, and yes 20 trades is not much in H1, BUT.. with the winning percent of 90% and profit factor of 16.xx .. this is excellent.

So don't cry too much .

Shahin:
This took almost the whole day to run, and yes 20 trades is not much in H1, BUT.. with the winning percent of 90% and profit factor of 16.xx .. this is excellent. So don't cry too much .

Due to small number of trades all these statistical numbers cannot tell the whole truth.

For how many days that 20 trades were generated?

Did you really let it run a whole day?

I will have a look at the EA to eliminate the comment lines to make it faster.

newdigital:
It is difficult to backtest because this EA is writing something in journal and it takes a time (very long time).

Now I've commented in EAs source all the Prints and Comments out.

But it was still slow as hell.

Then for testing issues I commented out the indicator calls.

Bingo...

ZigZag seems to be the indicator, that customizes whole CPU capacity while backtesting, not the writing operations to log.

How is the CPU costumization in real testing?

I thought backtesting an EA based on the ZIGZAG indicator is useless?

The indicator is dynamic and changes all the time. If you look at the pass, it's perfectly in-tune with the market but when it comes to trading it live, it's a whole different ball game.

Sada

sadaloma:
I thought backtesting an EA based on the ZIGZAG indicator is useless?

The indicator is dynamic and changes all the time. If you look at the pass, it's perfectly in-tune with the market but when it comes to trading it live, it's a whole different ball game.

Sada

OK, if this is the case, then all the recalculations within the indicator are reasonable.

You are right sada. Backtesting is not suggested for ZiGZag, like I read meanwhile.

So let's see how it is performing in future.

Hi ppl,

I'm testing this EA (tf 15m - eur/usd; usd/jpy; usd/chf; gbp/usd - northfinance) since yesterday and the Ea don't open any trade. This is normal?

Fast_cris

lomme:
Due to small number of trades all these statistical numbers cannot tell the whole truth.

For how many days that 20 trades were generated?

Did you really let it run a whole day?

I will have a look at the EA to eliminate the comment lines to make it faster.

how many days backtesting? For nearly two years.

Did you really run backtesting for a whole day? Yes, no joking here.

And remmember I ran this on H1 (1 hour timeframe).

Yes and it is always the indicator calls from expert that slows the whole thing done (cpu inefficient).

Statements were updated.

Fast_cris:
Hi ppl,

I'm testing this EA (tf 15m - eur/usd; usd/jpy; usd/chf; gbp/usd - northfinance) since yesterday and the Ea don't open any trade. This is normal?

Fast_cris

Hi,

something is wrong.... the ea don't open any trades yet.

Can someone help me?

Fast_cris

Fast_cris:
Hi,

something is wrong.... the ea don't open any trades yet.

Can someone help me?

Fast_cris

Actually this EA not trade too often. Did you have DayImpuls indicator on your list for this EA ? Hope this help

Reason: