Sti - page 4

Hello,

I test STI for some time and I have an idea to return it for advantageous. I think that TP = 10 is good but when the move is good, it is a shame to miss full with pip. I think that Tp of safety (security) is well at 10 points but it would be necessary puts a TS=5 or more avoid the TP obtained. What do you think about it?

I'm running 2 MT4 demo platform and when I backtest the STI with the exact same parameters I have different results , why would that be ? by the way this is so far the best EA I have seen.

Because backtesting has too many bugs and shouldn't even be use. The only way to test an EA correctly is forward testing and that takes a lot of time. A 1:5 ratio is risky.

Isn't there a specific software out there for backtesting that is reliable ?

Backtest results are very various and depends from the input parameters (TP,SL).

Does anybody find the best TP and SL on 15M?

BrunoFX:
Hello, I test STI for some time and I have an idea to return it for advantageous. I think that TP = 10 is good but when the move is good, it is a shame to miss full with pip. I think that Tp of safety (security) is well at 10 points but it would be necessary puts a TS=5 or more avoid the TP obtained. What do you think about it?

The same I think, too.

Eventuaelly it would be good additionaly to built in Start and Stop Time for trading, for expl.. Start: 7.00 GMT, Stop 17.00 GMTor Beginn of the 1. session, Lenght of this session and the same for a 2. session.

Is there a way to trade manually with this EA? I could not figure out how to run it on the chart and watch the signals pop up on the screen. I was only able to run the test but not live. Is it possible to trade this EA manually by watching the chart with visual signals?

FXHound:
Is there a way to trade manually with this EA? I could not figure out how to run it on the chart and watch the signals pop up on the screen. I was only able to run the test but not live. Is it possible to trade this EA manually by watching the chart with visual signals?

It's quite difficult strategy and you will spend all day calculating bars. I new that this strategy works and that's why I made EA for it. Acctually this EA is reversal of that strategy, I don't know how but it works better when it opens position to the other side.

There is a way how to diversificate your portfolio. Try to launch EA on the M15 and M30. Both are profitable, but opens orders at diferent times and if M15 gets SL then there is opprotunity that M30 will get TP.

Try it and then you'll see.

Yesterday I made good pips again. I'm trading real using this EA and in the February it made for me 250 pips till this morning.

Good luck

Reason: