Sti - page 11

BrunoFX:
Hello Testers and programmers,

Here several days that I test EA STI with several versions and today still we noted that the effects of news days are catastrophics on on results.

On the other hand in the ' normal ranges' it is advantageous. Generally it goes up the losses always gradually and becomes again advantageous.

Let us take the ea STI-v2 of managing (another already not modified) and I would like 3 modifications.

1°) first is simple since already put on version 3 of Nick, it is a sound alarm at the time of the opening or the closing of a trade.

2°) I do not want a TP by Step and not a TS. Exemple 3 TP with 6 points each one, TP1, TP2 and TP3.

The trade must be closed on the price of closing of the preceding TP. if you do not understand, I would make you explanatory

3°) Is it possible to have several filter of Time ( 3 ou 4) accessible on the window from property of the ea?

In order to avoid the hours or the effects of news occur. In fact capacity to stop certain hour the EA has and to make it work again afterwards.

What do you think about it?

The strategy is simple it is to be able to keep the effectiveness (recognized) of this EA (sti_v2), and it work during the economic hours of news (time filter) but also to profit if the market allows it some pip (tp by step by step)

sorry for my bad english

I will test untill the end of this week and after that I will produce the statements using the 2nd version of the script. So we will be able to calculate the profit outside the news hours. If it works we will modify it.

Hello Newdigital,

Thank you for this answer.

I have tested ea STI for a few days and with other testers with whom I am in contatct, they confirmed these losses at the time of the economic news and that to me on all the versions.

In fact is to manage these difficult hours as of the morning or midnight at the time of the new day.

I am useful myself of this link which is clear and easy A to understand. You have the GMT in top of the page to put according to your time zone. and the pictograms are simple to understand : http://www.forexfactory.com/index.php?s=&timezoneoffset=g0

Thanks BrunoFX.

I will test it and then we will see the news hours with losses to create the proper timefilter.

Here is one I started just last night. I woke up and wow!

I am using every currency pair that Tradex allows.

So far so good.

Files:

I have been looking closely at this EA and I knew right off it had potential but I was thinking that we might be thinking about this in all the wrong way.

From what I understand, it looks like it uses support and resistance based on previous bars to determine to go long or short.

Well, it was kind of scaring with settings like:

TP: 6

SL: 50

You can have 9 profitable trades in a row and have one loss that would whip everthing out. That did not seem to smart to me so I thought of something else.

Why not, instead of a scalping system, a trending system using STI?

Basically, put it on the H4 chart with the following settings:

TP: 60 (this could vary between currency pairs)

SL: 30 (this also could vary between currency pairs)

TS: 30 (this too could vary between currency pairs).

Basically, this is the theory behind the system. STI finds a good place to trade (either buy or sell). If the trade goes against you, it resets and then starts again (at a better price).

Using this system, you can have two bad trades to every one profitable trade to break even. If you get 50/50 then you are making money!!!

You might ask yourself, why not increase the Stoploss to 50? Because I think that 30 is enough. The price could keep going against you and why not cut losses early and try for a nice trend.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated but I do think I am on to something here and the early results are looking positive.

Holyguy7,

Can you please post the version of the EA with your settings? There are a number of parameters and not sure what should be the idea value.

holyguy7:
Here is one I started just last night. I woke up and wow!

I am using every currency pair that Tradex allows.

So far so good.

Same question as above:

Which version are you using? timeframe? is the ea on default settings?

Thanks

Sada

fxd01:
Holyguy7, Can you please post the version of the EA with your settings? There are a number of parameters and not sure what should be the idea value.

OK. Here is the EA version I am using and my settings. I have different settings for different currency pairs. Reason: Well, some currency pairs will "trend" better than others. I looked at the history of the currency and saw the "waves."

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDCAD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD,

TP: 60

SL: 30

TS: 30

USDJPY

TP: 90

TS: 40

EURJPY

TP: 100

EURCHF

TP: 50

EURGBP

TP: 40

SL: 25

TS: 25

GBPJPY

TP: 200

TS: 50

Here is the EA I was using. It seems to do everything I need it to. I renamed it as I wa getting confused with all the versions coming out there.

Basically, I am using this EA as a trending EA rather than just a scalping system. This reduced the riskiness of the EA, imho.

I post this because I believed the 6, 50 was just barking up the wrong tree and wanted something a little more stable.

Peace

Files:
sti_4.mq4  15 kb

I tried the EA with timefilter on and off and I found that off seem to produce a bit more profit.

Here are a few more forward tests from last week.

The settings are as follows:

Forward Test 1:

TP: 30

SL: 20

No Trailing Stop

Forward Test 2:

No Trailing Stop

Forward Test 3:

SL: 50

No Trailing Stop

If you noticed, I only really changed the Stoploss on each one. Enjoy. I categorized each statement according to Currency pairs for easy reference.

Tell me what you think.

Files:

newdigital:
Forward testing statements of STI4 bs.mq4 EA.

Updated statements for STI4 bs.mq4 EA.

Reason: