Sti - page 10

newdigital:
I tried to use this version with ScalpIt = 6 pips but I got stop loss 1 time and seems will have the other 3 stops (-50). It is for few hours only. And I am not sure not about the settings of this version I used.

Nicholishen,

Do you have any suggestion how to use ScalpIt = true because I got the error if I set it to true and do not change anything else.

It is the statement just for two testing hours with the pre-set file attached in the post above. Not good start.

The news really killed this ea today...

You are right that it was the news.

I will test it untill we will be able to make any opinion about this settings.

And will post the statements daily.

OK. I got the latest version of the EA. Here is it right from the modifier (not me).

I have attached a new version of the sti that I have been modifying.

Cockeyedcowboy pointed out a potential problem in a similar ea (EMAcross)

where I used the comment to create a unique id. The problem is that broker

will sometimes append the comment with other comments. This new version

uses the MAGIC number, and it creates a unique id for every instance of the

advisor that you load in MT. I have also added an optional Stochastic

filter. It back tests better with the stoch, however, it is limited to open

orders only in the general direction of the day. I am curious to see how it

does live. Do you have any other ideas.

And here is the EA. Accidently hit Submit Reply rather then Manage Attachments.

Files:
sti4_0_2.mq4  20 kb

I have also been working on the "lower volume" currency pairs and have found some success. I was only having success with NZDUSD and AUDJPY in the 1 hour chart so I decided (in mid-stream) to change the others to a 4 hour chart.

My settings are very simple:

TP: 40

SL: 30

No trailing stop.

Check out the results after only 3 days of trading.

holyguy7:
What improvements were made? Can you explain how it opens and closes the trades better?

I also received another version that add a ton more options. This needs to be tested out of course. All information is in the code for you to read.

I will copy and paste the additions from the author (not me).

Additions:

TotalEquitySL= This feature sets a total stoploss on entire account. If account equity grows to a certain point and then drops

below the alowable draw down percentage AND there are no open trades then trading is suspended until human intervention.

ScalpIt = Brokers typically won't allow tight TP. This feature will allow you to set any TP.

StepTrail= This feature will set the new stop loss after the Trail1Step level is hit. The new stop is at the profit level

minus the flex. It will step in increments of the (Trail1Step).

TradTrail= This is the Traditional Trailing Stop.

UseCCI= Only trades when CCI signal -100

UseMailAlerts= Will email the details of the trade as it hits the history window regardless of whether or not EA closes or trade is closed by SL/TP

UseTimeFilter= If there are no pending trades AND Time is End then Trading is suspended

Reverse Trade Signal= reverses opening and closing criteria

You are now able to trade:

a)Multiple Pairs

b)Multiple TF on Same pair same platform

c)Multiple settings on (a) and/or (b) at the same time

System will automatically log trade settings and all trades associated with those settings. Logs can be found in the experts/files folder. File can be opened with Excelfor further analysis

TEST AWAY! =) Nicholishen

Forward testing statements of STI4 bs.mq4 EA.

Do we need to reset this ea daily so it places the pd markers in the correct spots or does it not matter??

faifarni:
Do we need to reset this ea daily so it places the pd markers in the correct spots or does it not matter??

I understand that it is not very profitable now. But I will test it up to the end of this week. And then I will wait for the suggestion.

We have many STI EAs on this thread. But I took one STI EA only (occasionally, random) with one settings only. So let's go step by step.

If this version is not proftable we may test an other one. Or we may modify it to add the filter to filter slightly. Parabolic SAR (0.005; 0.05) and MACD work as a filter for Scalp_net for example (but for M1 timeframe only). So we may use something very simple. Or we may ask the programmers. But i think we should decide first.

Good idea

Hello Testers and programmers,

Here several days that I test EA STI with several versions and today still we noted that the effects of news days are catastrophics on on results.

On the other hand in the ' normal ranges' it is advantageous. Generally it goes up the losses always gradually and becomes again advantageous.

Let us take the ea STI-v2 of managing (another already not modified) and I would like 3 modifications.

1°) first is simple since already put on version 3 of Nick, it is a sound alarm at the time of the opening or the closing of a trade.

2°) I do not want a TP by Step and not a TS. Exemple 3 TP with 6 points each one, TP1, TP2 and TP3.

The trade must be closed on the price of closing of the preceding TP. if you do not understand, I would make you explanatory

3°) Is it possible to have several filter of Time ( 3 ou 4) accessible on the window from property of the ea?

In order to avoid the hours or the effects of news occur. In fact capacity to stop certain hour the EA has and to make it work again afterwards.

What do you think about it?

The strategy is simple it is to be able to keep the effectiveness (recognized) of this EA (sti_v2), and it work during the economic hours of news (time filter) but also to profit if the market allows it some pip (tp by step by step)

sorry for my bad english

Reason: