MA turn indicator needed

I am looking for an indicator that is a modification of the basic Moving Average indicator in MQ4.

All I want it to do .. is when one of the MA's changes direction at the close of the bar, (from up to down or down to up) then I want it to make a sound/alert or say something using the Speech function to alert me that it has changed direction.

If this can be done, perhaps I can have 2 input variables:

1) to turn the sound on/off and

2) to define the time in seconds BEFORE the close of the current bar to give this audible alert.

eg; I would like it to sound the alert say 10 seconds before the bar closes

thanks

B

Here U go!

It should work.

--------------

Moving Average method enumeration

MODE_SMA 0 Simple moving average,

MODE_EMA 1 Exponential moving average,

MODE_SMMA 2 Smoothed moving average,

MODE_LWMA 3 Linear weighted moving average.

Applied price enumeration

PRICE_CLOSE 0 Close price.

PRICE_OPEN 1 Open price.

PRICE_HIGH 2 High price.

PRICE_LOW 3 Low price.

PRICE_MEDIAN 4 Median price, (high+low)/2.

PRICE_TYPICAL 5 Typical price, (high+low+close)/3.

PRICE_WEIGHTED 6 Weighted close price, (high+low+close+close)/4.

Files:
ma_alert.mq4  2 kb

Hi, thank you. I have applied it to a chart but it alerts after every pip movement.

Can you make the following change:

Only alert when the ma has Changed direction eg, when changed from up to down or vice versa determined at the close of the bar ?

thankyou

Try this one. It will Alert once per a bar of selected window period.

Files:

Kalenzo:
Try this one. It will Alert once per a bar of selected window period.

Hi

great .. this works just fine.

How difficult would it be to add this functionality into the standard moving average indicator - then I wouldn't have to have 2 indicators on my chart .. the mov average and your ma_alert ?

thanks

billm:
Hi

great .. this works just fine.

How difficult would it be to add this functionality into the standard moving average indicator - then I wouldn't have to have 2 indicators on my chart .. the mov average and your ma_alert ?

thanks

No problem at all

Use this one

Enjoy !

Files:

Excellent job .. thankyou

EMA/SMA Crossing Alert Needed

Hi there... I would appreciate if someone can help and assist me in getting this alert made for my specific need. I would like to have an alert when sma5 crosses ema50 with words on the chart. Thanks in advance.

fx_aces:
Hi there... I would appreciate if someone can help and assist me in getting this alert made for my specific need. I would like to have an alert when sma5 crosses ema50 with words on the chart. Thanks in advance.

Most MA crossing indicators with alert are here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Kalenzo:
No problem at all

Use this one

Enjoy !

hi, i know this has been a few years since this indicator is posted here ...i just used this indicator but problem is, it only write MA increasing or MA decreasing without telling which pair and which timeframe...can u be so kind to put it in the alert? i would really appreciate it if u could... thank you.

hi gilos...

try this...

Files:
ma_alert2.mq4  3 kb
Reason: