How to use volume indicator - page 6

desoft:
Possibly someone out there can assist me and creating an alert for this. One thing that I am looking at is an alert that would signal audibly and visually when the volume exceeds the 15 ema on the volume indicator.

I am not that great at programming but here is version 1.0... ha ha

I'm guessing as you recommended Ord's book that you do not trade forex ?

Dean.

EDIT: You can change the alert sound file under the TOOLS > OPTIONS menu, or even make the alert sound ever lasting by selecting a MP3 file and switched media player to REPEAT. Not sure how annoying media playing popping up all the time will be though.

Fibonacci Volume indicator

Hi, could some kind soul please help me to find / create a volume indicator for an MT4 platform that can do the following:

Measure the cumulative volume of a range i.e from a given point e.g a high to another given point e.g a low and then determine and display the Fibonacci percentage sizes of that total volume and create an alert e.g a line on the chart, as the pre-determined fibonacci volume levels are reached?

For example ,if the no. of shares exchanged between 2 points [range] was X the indicator would calculate and display when say 38.2%,50%,61.8% etc. of the determined range total volume had been traded as it was reached in real time.....in essence a fibonacci indicator based on volume rather than price!

Any suggestions to source or create such an indicator for an MT4 platform would be greatly appreciated

a normalized-volume approach

Hi,

My first post at this site.

I've been range-trading with normalized volume (at mlq) with the nonlagging moving average (here) in a 34 lwma - JB COG (another forum) combo, using my own sense (also, the other forum) of 'balance pattern' reading of Hiekin Ashi, and want to thank you all for showing me the first two. Relative volume, which is what normalized volume seems to be, really hits the spot for interpreting the momo of the little moves, much more easily than the countertrending Double Stoch (the other forum) or other. 1' was never easier.

[REQ] Volumes indicator from MT4

Here is Volumes indicator from MT4. I would like to understand what does green and red bar mean . Please Coders how I should interpret red bar or green bar, can you help me please. I can not find anywere explanation of this indi. I would be gratefull for help.

Files:
volumes.gif  10 kb
volumes.mq4  3 kb

I believe the color of the bars are based on the previous bar. Meaning if the volume is higher on the current bar, than the last bar, it would be green. If the volume on the current bar is less than the last bar, it is red. I may be wrong though.

Pucio:
Here is Volumes indicator from MT4. I would like to understand what does green and red bar mean . Please Coders how I should interpret red bar or green bar, can you help me please. I can not find anywere explanation of this indi. I would be gratefull for help.

obviously you need to put a level for filter signal

MT4 Volume Indicator

I have been trading on MT4 for two months. I still have doubt about the realiability of the volume indicator in MT4. Does the volume indicator in MT4 represent number of standard lots from my broker's clients or aggregate volume from ther direct liquidity providers (e.g., Currenex and banks)? I am currently based in Australia and have been comparing feeds from various MT4 brokers in Australia and US. My observations are as follows:

1. Different volumes among brokers (no two brokers provide the same reading)

2. Delayed feeds from some brokers (you can usually determine after watching a few session opens but a 1-second market delay may not affect your trading too much)

3. OHLC can sometimes be different (occassionally you may see a red candle with broker A and a green candle with broker B if the Open and Close prices are so close in the same time frame and this could imply that you may be stopped out by one broker but not the other)

If volume is specific to each broker, then the volume with a small broker could get so thin (due to the small number of customers) that this indicator would not truly represent the market in general.

If a broker had a server outage for 15 minutes where none of the customers were able to place orders for the entire duration, does that mean the whole 15-minute block would have no volume bars?

For your interest, I have attached some MT4 screenshots (FXCM, DBFX, MB Trading and GoMarkets). Any insight will be much appreciated.

FXCM

DBFX

MB Trading

GoMarkets (currently I'm trading with because they have no withdrawal fees)

deanz:
I am not that great at programming but here is version 1.0... ha ha

I'm guessing as you recommended Ord's book that you do not trade forex ?

Dean.

EDIT: You can change the alert sound file under the TOOLS > OPTIONS menu, or even make the alert sound ever lasting by selecting a MP3 file and switched media player to REPEAT. Not sure how annoying media playing popping up all the time will be though.

Thank you very much,deanz!Great work!You the good fellow!

what is "volume" in mt4 candlestick?

we see when mouse over along with other info like open/close or high/low

what is "volume" in mt4 candlestick? when we see volume:10 what it mean or how much trand volume?

thank you for your answer...

Google is your friend:)

Volume - forex technical indicator

Lux

Reason: