ASCTrend system - page 39

bcitra:
Hi ND, i asked a question but you haven't answer it. i just wonder, what is the stop loss that you use when you get in to the market with this 30M TF?

Live Charts Fib Pivots indicator or ^Pivot_ResSup indicator.

amin1000:
Thanks.

Does ^Pivot_ResSup.mq4 need time adjustment or it is fine?

And generally, is there any way to change the MetaTrader time to local time perhaps by an indicator or something?

amin1000

I am not doing anything with this ^Pivot_ResSup.mq4. Just attaching it to the chart.

As to time in metatrader so it is related to the broker server and I think no way to change it.

newdigital:
And I modified this Fisher_exit to work with AbsoluteStrength_v1 indicator (instead of Fisher_v1).

AbsoluteStrength_v1 indicator is attached.

AbsoluteStrength_exit indicator is the exit on signal line crossing of AbsoluteStrength_v1 indicator.

AbsoluteStrength_exit_v1 is exit on more higher value of AbsoluteStrength_v1 (the same with Fisher_exit).

Settings:

Mode = 0; // 0-RSI method; 1-Stoch method

Length = 10; // Period

Smooth = 5; // Period of smoothing

Signal = 5; // Period of Signal Line

Price = 0; // Price mode : 0-Close,1-Open,2-High,3-Low,4-Median,5-Typical,6-Weighted

ModeMA = 3; // Mode of Moving Average

On the image attached you may see exit on more higher value (AbsoluteStrength_exit_v1) with default settings.

Hi newdigital,

at my mt4 your this indikator not works... any idea ?

I downloaded AbsoluteStrength_exit !

Thanks, mr.trader

Pedzr888:
npj6400,

Here's v7.2 - I fixed the stop SL to use completed bars - the SL should only

move when the bar is complete - or should not move at all.

-Pedz

Ok great - I have set up today for revised version

I have attached picture of order entry log on EUR/ USD

Entries ok - but SL has been set over 100 pips away - same for cable entry - I think from your EA logic - should be 20 pips based on last bar calculation ?

Thats interesting - if you override the SL with the Broker - the EA resets it back - it reset back to 52 pips away from action

Regards ...

npj6400:
Ok great - I have set up today for revised version

I have attached picture of order entry log on EUR/ USD

Entries ok - but SL has been set over 100 pips away - same for cable entry - I think from your EA logic - should be 20 pips based on last bar calculation ?

Thats interesting - if you override the SL with the Broker - the EA resets it back - it reset back to 52 pips away from action

Regards ...

The EA is using the last completed bar's High or Low to calculate the

SL's plus a guard which defaults to 5 pips.

On your screenshot, although I do not see the ASCTrend BUY, I am assuming

that the EA had an ASCTrend BUY, confirmed by RSI_Filter & NonLagMA, right after the big green bar. That's why the BUY order occured at the bar right

after the big bar.

The EA then used the big bar as the "completed bar" and used the Low of that

bar, plus FixedStopLoss (default=20 pips), plus PivotStopGuard (default=5 pips.) That is why the SL is below the big bar.

The guard is to set the SL 5 pips away from the actual supp/res value, if you are using Pivots, since you don't want your SL's to be exactly at Supp/Res.

Thanks.

Pedzr888:
The EA is using the last completed bar's High or Low to calculate the

SL's plus a guard which defaults to 5 pips.

On your screenshot, although I do not see the ASCTrend BUY, I am assuming

that the EA had an ASCTrend BUY, confirmed by RSI_Filter & NonLagMA, right after the big green bar. That's why the BUY order occured at the bar right

after the big bar.

The EA then used the big bar as the "completed bar" and used the Low of that

bar, plus FixedStopLoss (default=20 pips), plus PivotStopGuard (default=5 pips.) That is why the SL is below the big bar.

The guard is to set the SL 5 pips away from the actual supp/res value, if you are using Pivots, since you don't want your SL's to be exactly at Supp/Res.

Thanks.

Ok - thanks for reply- yeh I understand about setting stop losses away from obvious support resistance - I still use FXCM, so I have had to learn the hard way ( $$$ ) to avoid being swept away by stop hunting - I will keep an eye on that SL feature of yours.

Out of interest - attached is a screen shot of trades still active, the EA picked up some of the major move as you would expect of any similar system - but still it managed some pips, I will leave running to see if it can exit based on nonlagema...

Regards ...

mr.trader:
Hi newdigital,

at my mt4 your this indikator not works... any idea ?

I downloaded AbsoluteStrength_exit !

Thanks, mr.trader

Why not works?

Place AbsoluteStrength_v1 indicator and AbsoluteStrength_exit indicator (both) in /indicator folder. And attach to the chart AbsoluteStrength_exit indicator.

It works.

But I did not check it with live data. I checked with historical data only. It should work because I modified the exit indicator which is already working and did not change a lot inside the code and logic.

If Fisher_exit works for you so this AbsoluteStrength_exit indicator should work too.

Because some people like Fisher_exit indicator and will understand this AbsoluteStrength_exit indicator as some improvement because they may select the settings for this exit now.

Sorry for cross talking but some people asking about exit. So see an image. We have several kinds of exit and people may choose any one.

Also I want to say that it is difficult to test this system manually as we need to open many orders and keep/manage them during the several days sometimes until close.

And because of that big thanks for the members (Pedzr888, npj6400 and others) created and tested EA for this system.

Files:
eurusd.gif  30 kb

RE - testing of ASC 30m EA - because the EA was still trading with the very strong move, I have exited the EA's 2 current demo trades, this so I can actually see the EA exit using the nonlagma exit parameter - the EA picked up a good chunk of the move - over 300 pips on the 2 pairs - however that doesn't really mean anything in isolation because if you were actively manual trading on the 30m you could of picked up more given the size of the move.

Anyway - need to keep this in perspective.

Pedzr888 / ND - If you want me to keep forward testing over next week let me know. I am interested to see how the the EA handles itself in crappy markets

Regards ....

Files:

It may be good to see how EA is performing during the sideway market (flat or choppy/ranging).

Reason: