Connect failed [6] - page 2

TheExponential:
Hi guys, please help me if you can. I am still having the same problem. Basically now I have unistalled and reinstalled but I can't even create a new account. I don't have any connection. "No Connection" is shown at the bottom right.

No matter what I do, I can't get a connection on this computer.

thanks

I had the same problem with alpari especially at night. But just for 1 or 5 minutes. For the computer which is located on the other part of the world it was 1 hour (disconnected with the server): 5 copies of Metatrader (5 of 16) was disconnected. For unknown reason. And the same problem was with Neuimex broker.

TheExponential, try do analyze your actions. May be you have some program in your computer which is interrupted the connection, or your proxy, may be you have firewall in your computer ...

Because I had experience to call to the brokers (by phone). During my first call they said: re-install Metatrader. During the second one they suggested me to format HDD (do not format please!). So, most probably it is some mistake with your broker and they do not tell you.

newdigital:

TheExponential, try do analyze your actions. May be you have some program in your computer which is interrupted the connection, or your proxy, may be you have firewall in your computer ...

Yes, it can easily be a firewall problem. Windows have their own firewall, also other suites like Norton Security suite.

Okay I will try to play around with firewall.

Does anyone know about where MT4 keeps information in registry or any other parts of on the harddisk?

thanks

its a really weird problem i get it often sommetimes i need to restart terminal other times it comes back automatic . i have noticed it is real often at certain times bad for autotraders :-( just had 1 again 1110 gmt very often this time

sailor

I've been told my support that I may have overloaded the server and therefore my IP address is banned. I don't think I issue orders too much, but maybe on the high side. I do work with 5 minute chart and multiple charts.

What is too much?

Does anyone know how to reset this because I can't talk to MetaQuotes support as they are not really responding to me. or does anyone experience the same issue?

banned

When I am testing new code I sometimes get this error as well. There is generally something in the code that the servers dont like and they shut you down. You need to fix the code to work right. Do not trade live any EA that is giving you this error as there is something not right with it.

When they block you it generally last just a few minutes however. and the servers come back on at lest thats how my demo account works.

The CockeyedCowboy

edit Have the EA post to the Expert Log ever order it places then you will see the order flow.

No Connection

Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem yet? I have two computers side by side. One computer installed and created an account just fine. The other won't let me created a demo account with "No Connection" displayed in the lower right corner.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TJH

tharrill:
Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem yet? I have two computers side by side. One computer installed and created an account just fine. The other won't let me created a demo account with "No Connection" displayed in the lower right corner.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TJH

If it is the same broker and everything is the same you may do the following:

- Open menu "File" in MetaTrader;

- click "Open an Account";

- fill anything as details;

- click next (one time only);

- click "Scan". The MetaTrader will scan the broker's servers.

You should get computer's image with green tick. It means that connection is ok.

If one your pc is doing it fine and an other one with the same condition is failed so you have problem with internet (fairwall, proxy etc) or with some options etc.

Reason: