Looks like a system

Did you check this thread too : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178615

It is system very similar to what you told

Kaufman 3 indicator

kaufman3.mq4

Files:
kaufman3.png  8 kb
kaufman3.mq4  5 kb

Could this be adapted to include an on screen horizontal line to show where the specific settings fire the alert please?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

tampa:
MA squeeze by Alexander Gettinger ma_squeeze.mq4

TEAMTRADER:
Could this be adapted to include an on screen horizontal line to show where the specific settings fire the alert please?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

That indicator does not have alerts. Would you explain a bit different what do you mean?

mladen:
TEAMTRADER That indicator does not have alerts. Would you explain a bit different what do you mean?

Hi MLaden,

How I presumed this MA Squeeze indicator would work is that it would assess the value (in difference) between two moving averages. Based on the standard settings of 5 and 21, when it reaches 15 difference (it says threshold on the indicator) it would show when those specific moving averages were 15 pips apart. It does not do that.

I am looking for an indicator that gives an on screen signal and an alert when two chosen moving averages are a specific distance apart (in pips value).

For example, if 5ema was more than 15 pips away from 21 ema I would want to know and backtest to ensure the that the strategy was robust.

I had understood that this indicator did this but it seems it does not do what I hoped it would.

Is there an indicator that gives this information?

TEAMTRADER

Reason: