How to code? - page 342

mladen:
apprentice coder The only difference is that on an ECN broker you first open an order with 0 sl an tp fields, and then modify the order (if needed) to set sl and tp, while on "regular" broker you can place sl and tp along with order opening. All the rest is exactly the same

That is all?

No other difference. Thanks

mladen:
apprentice coder The only difference is that on an ECN broker you first open an order with 0 sl an tp fields, and then modify the order (if needed) to set sl and tp, while on "regular" broker you can place sl and tp along with order opening. All the rest is exactly the same

Dearest MLADEN,

can we use here hidden sl and tp with ECN broker ? and what logic is used in code for to hide sl/tp from ECN broker.if it applied soon after execution of order automatically ?

regards

mntiwana:
Dearest MLADEN,

can we use here hidden sl and tp with ECN broker ? and what logic is used in code for to hide sl/tp from ECN broker.if it applied soon after execution of order automatically ?

regards

mntiwana

There is no such thing as hidden sl or tp

Hidden sl or tp are simply and ea that will close orders at desired prices/levels

mladen:
mntiwana

There is no such thing as hidden sl or tp

Hidden sl or tp are simply and ea that will close orders at desired prices/levels

Dearest MLADEN,

what we see and reads around,hidden sl/tp,mostly in EAs,ADs and so many other loud speaking places,what is that.....all in all,we cant hide sl/tp from broker in either way....with EA or manual way ????? ........................suppose ,we are trading with EA and with ECN broker,can we use hidden sl/tp (some brokers do not allow sl less than 20 pips-can we use 15 pips with the help of hidden logic as described in EAs) ..................... a lot of misconceptions are spread around here due to misleading/fake speaking persons.and boss you are like a authenticated institute for correcting and aligning all such kind misconceptions.....thanks

regards

mntiwana

//+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| WUKAR.mq4 |

//| Copyright © 2014, UdineFX |

//+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

#property copyright "Copyright © 2014, UdineFX"

#include

#include

#include

extern bool use_hidden_stop_loss = true;

extern int hidden_sl = 100;

extern bool use_hidden_take_profit = true;

extern int hidden_tp1 = 90;

extern int hidden_tp2 = 200;

void hidden_take_profit()

mntiwana:
Dearest MLADEN,

what we see and reads around,hidden sl/tp,mostly in EAs,ADs and so many other loud speaking places,what is that.....all in all,we cant hide sl/tp from broker in either way....with EA or manual way ????? ........................suppose ,we are trading with EA and with ECN broker,can we use hidden sl/tp (some brokers do not allow sl less than 20 pips-can we use 15 pips with the help of hidden logic as described in EAs) ..................... a lot of misconceptions are spread around here due to misleading/fake speaking persons.and boss you are like a authenticated institute for correcting and aligning all such kind misconceptions.....thanks

regards

mntiwana

//| WUKAR.mq4 |

//| Copyright © 2014, UdineFX |

#property copyright "Copyright © 2014, UdineFX"

#include

#include

#include

extern bool use_hidden_stop_loss = true;

extern int hidden_sl = 100;

extern bool use_hidden_take_profit = true;

extern int hidden_tp1 = 90;

extern int hidden_tp2 = 200;

void hidden_take_profit()

mntiwana

Imagine this :

Order has a stop loss and take profit field

Usual procedure : you set stop loss and/or take profit to some values, and then the broker can "see" those fields

"Hidden" procedure : you leave take profit and/or stop loss empty, and instead of setting them to some value, you run an EA that will close your orders at some price. That way, since the stop loss and take profit fields of order are not set to any values, broker can not "see" when the order will be closed, and then, those fields are "hidden" from everybody but you that knows when will the order get closed

mladen:
mntiwana

Imagine this :

Order has a stop loss and take profit field

Usual procedure : you set stop loss and/or take profit to some values, and then the broker can "see" those fields

"Hidden" procedure : you leave take profit and/or stop loss empty, and instead of setting them to some value, you run an EA that will close your orders at some price. That way, since the stop loss and take profit fields of order are not set to any values, broker can not "see" when the order will be closed, and then, those fields are "hidden" from everybody but you that knows when will the order get closed

Dearest MLADEN,

what i understand,is......when i trade manually,if i set sl/tp along with execution order time,ECN broker will not accept it but later after execution order i can set it at my desired level or at the brokers specified minimum level , and it will be print/visible at chart in doted line shape....... in other situation of EA,nothing will be visible at chart but EA will be control it and execute it according to logic inside code.....and broker do not know when and where sl/tp is set , only trader know from EA property........

regards

mntiwana:
Dearest MLADEN,

what i understand,is......when i trade manually,if i set sl/tp along with execution order time,ECN broker will not accept it but later after execution order i can set it at my desired level or at the brokers specified minimum level , and it will be print/visible at chart in doted line shape....... in other situation of EA,nothing will be visible at chart but EA will be control it and execute it according to logic inside code.....and broker do not know when and where sl/tp is set , only trader know from EA property........

regards

mntiwana

Some are doing that because they think that brokers i collecting their data (stop losses)

Frankly I do not think so : it is enough to have the total volume of orders (which they have) and they can calculate some "average" stop loss for that volume of orders without even looking at a single order. Also, not using "hard" stop loss and / or take profit may result in serious problems : remember SNB intervention, when anyone that did not have "hard" stop loss could not complain at all

Hidden stop loss and take profit are risky. If the EA does not work, nothing can close your EA - and EAs can be stopped from the broker side

mladen:
mntiwana

Some are doing that because they think that brokers i collecting their data (stop losses)

Frankly I do not think so : it is enough to have the total volume of orders (which they have) and they can calculate some "average" stop loss for that volume of orders without even looking at a single order. Also, not using "hard" stop loss and / or take profit may result in serious problems : remember SNB intervention, when anyone that did not have "hard" stop loss could not complain at all

Dearest MLADEN,

(Also, not using "hard" stop loss and / or take profit may result in serious problems : remember SNB intervention, when anyone that did not have "hard" stop loss could not complain at all)

Did you means by HARD ST?TP ....visible at chart with doted lines ????

regards

mntiwana:
Dearest MLADEN,

(Also, not using "hard" stop loss and / or take profit may result in serious problems : remember SNB intervention, when anyone that did not have "hard" stop loss could not complain at all)

Did you means by HARD ST?TP ....visible at chart with doted lines ????

regards

Yes. When the stop loss field of the order is set to some value (then that line is displayed) and when it is brokers responsibility to execute the stop loss at desired price (unlike the "soft" "hidden" stop loss, when it is your EA that has to close the order)

Reason: