RSX Swinger EA

This EA comes from:

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332

Around 270 pips profit for a month of trading days in live demo account on the eur/usd.

setup:

SL and TP to 100.

H1 chart

Put RSX Swinger 1p3 EA.mq4 in expert folder

and rsx.mq4 in indicator folder

Can be attached only on 1 pair on 1 platform. (the author is re-coding it for multiple pairs)

I am going to demo test it from monday 12 dec onwards ...Anybody wants to join me?

Sada

sadaloma:
This EA comes from:

Around 270 pips profit for a month of trading days in live demo account.

setup:

SL and TP to 100.

H1 chart

Put RSX Swinger 1p3 EA.mq4 in expert folder

and rsx.mq4 in indicator folder

I am going to demo test it from monday 12 dec onwards ...Anybody wants to join me?

Sada

I'll join you. I think I can fit one more EA into my machine...hahaha

Looks like an always-in-play type of EA for the most part. Rarely hits T/P or S/L, apparently just reverses direction on an opposite signal. Results look good though, 270 pips for a month is fantastic.

That statement will provide a good comparison for the continued forward testing. If another month of forward testing produces results anything like that again, we will have a serious contender here!!

Thanks for finding it and bringing it over Sada! By the way, it looks like the T/P in the statement was 200, are you changing it to 100 for your testing Sada?

Eric:
Looks like an always-in-play type of EA for the most part. Rarely hits T/P or S/L, apparently just reverses direction on an opposite signal. Results look good though, 270 pips for a month is fantastic.

That statement will provide a good comparison for the continued forward testing. If another month of forward testing produces results anything like that again, we will have a serious contender here!!

Thanks for finding it and bringing it over Sada! By the way, it looks like the T/P in the statement was 200, are you changing it to 100 for your testing Sada?

No, it's not my idea to change it that way. If you go to the link i posted in my 1st post, you'll see that the author suggested it. I guess it wouldn't hurt to put 200

Sada

I know the backtesting on MT is crap, allegedly, but I've never really looked seriously at EA's because of this. I loaded up the RSX EA and backtested it and the results are diabolical on my machine.

Do you all get the same on backtesting ? Or is it just live forward testing that does the business ?

Oh to let the EA go to work while you do too. Is anyone out there running an EA that is doing just that ?

Intrigued

Chris

don.gading:
I know the backtesting on MT is crap, allegedly, but I've never really looked seriously at EA's because of this. I loaded up the RSX EA and backtested it and the results are diabolical on my machine.

Do you all get the same on backtesting ? Or is it just live forward testing that does the business ?

Oh to let the EA go to work while you do too. Is anyone out there running an EA that is doing just that ?

Intrigued

Chris

Results are different in backtesting since the 11 dec and the live demo results from the same dates.

New versions are coming up and there are some changes in SL and TP setups, check out the thread by the link sadoma posted in the first massage of the thread

Cool! a new version of the EA is coming out...

The code he improved are:

* Support multiple pairs in same platform.

* Three trailing stop modes: Fixed Pips, ATR and Half Volatility.

* Brandnew trailing stop sensitivity parameter.

Multipairs is good but unfortunately, this EA works best on eur/usd. Been trying it on gbp/usd and it's down -170 pips.

Maybe we have to optimize the rsx values for each currency pairs?

Anybody have a suggestion?

Sada

Could you post then newer version here? Thanks.

jdun:
Could you post then newer version here? Thanks.

The author is going to publish it soon. He is debugging it first before going public with it.

You can follow the development at:

Sada

New version came out.

Best on eur/usd

For gbp/usd try to use this settings (the author recommended it)

"I think it is setting that make RSX swinger behaves differently. GBPUSD for sure is more volatile compared to EURUSD.

For GBPUSD, the settings should be:

Buy_Level = 54

Exit_Buy_Level = 46

Sell_Level = 46

Exit_Sell_Level = 54"

Sada

PS: don't forget to put in the indicator folder the RSX indicator from the 1st post of this thread.

Files:
Reason: