Swing and Linear Regression Indicators - page 2

I think this is a good indicator if we use it in daily TF.

Greatest Swing Value indicator needed

Hi. I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I know there are the best programators for mt4. I would like to ask somebody to create indicator of Larry Williams. It's not actually indicator. Larry Williams introduces this as a concept in his book Long-Term Seecrets To Short-Term Trading. He calls it as a Greatest Swing Value (GSV). This value means distance between open and high (long side) or open and low (short side). He takes average of this value for few last days. But it is bit more complicated yet. For long side he counts only GSV for bars with down close (close lower than open) and for short side he count only bars with high close). That's all. We take as a buy or sell signal for example some percentage of GSV (180% by Larry W.). So that's it. If somebody would be able and willing to make this, I would really appreciate it. And by my opinion this concept can be helpful not only for me. Thaks and sorry for my english I'm not native speaker.

Unca:
Hi. I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I know there are the best programators for mt4. I would like to ask somebody to create indicator of Larry Williams. It's not actually indicator. Larry Williams introduces this as a concept in his book Long-Term Seecrets To Short-Term Trading. He calls it as a Greatest Swing Value (GSV). This value means distance between open and high (long side) or open and low (short side). He takes average of this value for few last days. But it is bit more complicated yet. For long side he counts only GSV for bars with down close (close lower than open) and for short side he count only bars with high close). That's all. We take as a buy or sell signal for example some percentage of GSV (180% by Larry W.). So that's it. If somebody would be able and willing to make this, I would really appreciate it. And by my opinion this concept can be helpful not only for me. Thaks and sorry for my english I'm not native speaker.

Indicator was posted here

newdigital:
Regression Channel by Kimiv.

This only shows the channel for the current day ?!?!??!

Is it possible to see channels of previous days

I mean fixed channels across the chart like BB

etrade:
This only shows the channel for the current day ?!?!??!

Is it possible to see channels of previous days

I mean fixed channels across the chart like BB

Change the iTrade option to a bigger one and the channel will be draw with more bars.

Linuxser:
Change the iTrade option to a bigger one and the channel will be draw with more bars.

iTrade ?!?!?

where ?

in which indicator ?

etrade:
iTrade ?!?!?

where ?

in which indicator ?

Sorry, iPeriod.

Linuxser:
Sorry, iPeriod.

are you sure ?

I believe that iPeriod is just the period of MA line and has nothing to do with the channel in the past days

Petor

newdigital:
Regression Channel by Kimiv.

This Regr-Chanel is Super! Thank You very much!

hi

taken from ezinearticles ,hope this useful

Here we will look at the best forex trading indicator for swing trading this is for trading into overbought / oversold areas within the major trend. Here we will look at how to do this, with the stochastic indicator and show you a simple powerful method for big profits.

Swing trading is easy to do, logical and easy to understand and can be very effective. The stochastic indicator combined with valid support and resistance gives you a robust simple strategy you can learn quickly than can be highly effective in making big forex profits so here it is.

An Introduction

George Lane developed the stochastic indicator which was based on the premise that in an up-trend, prices tend to close near their highs and of course in a down-trend the reverse occurs, prices tend to close near their lows.

This simple logic is the basis of the stochastic indicator but despite its simplicity it's a powerful tool.

The stochastic should our view be used in association with areas of support and resistance and be used to enter positions when price momentum wanes in an uptrend below resistance and strengthens in a down trend above resistance.

The Mathematics

If you are technically minded, the stochastic calculation is outlined below. If you are not don't worry, as most major chart services plot the stochastic and you can simply see the set ups visually - here it is:

The stochastic is plotted as two lines %K, a fast line and %D, a slow line.

The %K line is more sensitive than %D

The %D line is a moving average of %K.

The %D line then triggers the trading signals.

The lines are plotted on a scale of 1 to 100.

"Trigger" lines can be drawn on stochastic charts at the 80% (overbought) and 20% (oversold) levels. A signal is then generated when the stochastic lines cross.

The Stochastic can help you enter trading signals in a number of ways and here we have outlined the 3 major ways you can use it in a swing trading strategy.

As an Overbought Oversold

When the 20% and 80% trigger lines are crossed look to do the following in terms of initiating your trading signal. Take a long position and buy when the stochastic moves below 20% and then rises above this level. On the other hand take a short position and sell, when the stochastic rises above 80% and then comes back below this level.

Stochastic Crossovers Against the Trend

This is a highly reliable signal

You can buy when the %K line rises above the %D line and sell when the %K line falls below the %D line.

The most reliable or high odds crossovers occur when the %K line intersects after the peak of the %D line.

Stochastic Divergences

Divergences between the stochastic and the underlying price trend warn that a potential price change is on the way and are a great leading indicator for your trading signals.

For example, if prices are making a series of new highs and trending upwards and the stochastic moves lower or crosses to the downside then price momentum and velocity is weakening and the reverse occurs of course in a bear market.

Why It Works

The reason it works and we consider it the best forex technical indicator for swing trading is based upon human psychology.

A long term price trend does not just go in a straight line - there are peaks and troughs along the way. Forex traders will push prices to far too quickly and prices then return back to fair value. It is these moves within long term trends, that swing traders want to catch - so by combining the stochastic with simple support and resistance is very effective.

If you are new to forex trading then swing trading with the stochastic gives you a simple method which works and the stochastic is the best forex technical indicator to use and while there are others, using the stochastic wisely, with support and resistance lines, can make big consistent profits.

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Reason: