Fisher - page 7

Which one is the true ?

hi .. I have those 2 Fisher indicators ..

I want to ask : Which one is the true ( I mean : the one which does not re-draw the past ) ?

I have upload them .. please check them and tell me.

If not : May you upload the one which does not redraw the past , or please : may you upload the best one which redraw as little as possible of past closed bars ?

thanx in advance

Files:
fisher.zip  3 kb

omrangassan:
hi .. I have those 2 Fisher indicators ..

I want to ask : Which one is the true ( I mean : the one which does not re-draw the past ) ?

I have upload them .. please check them and tell me.

If not : May you upload the one which does not redraw the past , or please : may you upload the best one which redraw as little as possible of past closed bars ?

thanx in advance

You may check by your self and tell to us. It is easy. Attach indicators to the chart. GBPJPY or GBPCHF for example. M1 timeframe for example. And you will see. What does it mean "painting the past"? It means that you see one picture and after some time the picture (which indicator painted) was changed in historical data.

For example zigzag indicator is painting the past. And zigzag is true indicator. And float indicator is painting the past sometimes. But float is true indicator.

There are no connection between "true" or "false" indicators and "painting the past". It is up to your system. And up to you. So it is something with trading system.

If you have different system you have different "true" indicators.

Of course it is more comfortable to use indicators which is not painting the past.

2 Articles written by John Ehlers / Original Developer of Fisher Transform

ycomp:
Hi,

could someone please summarize what each fisher indicator is good for and what it isn't good for?

I'm assuming from the discussion that FX Fish is good to confirm the direction of the trend, but not to use for exits. If it is good to confirm the direction of the trend, is it also good to confirm the magnitude of the trend?

and that it is only for confirming direction when live, not when looking at it on a historical chart because the bars have been redrawn?

Greetings to Anyone interested in the Fisher Indicator.....

It is an incredible tool. I use the Fisher Yur4ik (MUCH thanks Yur4ik!!)

The below attachments are 2 .doc files by John Ehlers / Originator of the "Fisher Transform".

Inv Fisher RSI Transform

Hi gang,

this is an indicator i found in tradestation. it is an inverse fisher but has a RSI twist in it. i do not know if there exsists a metatrader version of it or not, but i request the programmers here to convert it into metatrader. i do not care about the change in color of overbought or oversold levels, just need the indicator to plot in a seperate window.

there is one posted on the forum...but i dn't think it calculates correctly. thanks

Inputs: NumBars(9),

OverSold(-0.5),

OverBought(0.5),

OverSColor( darkgreen),

OverBColor (red) ;

Variables: IFish(0);

Value1 = .1*(RSI(Close,5) - 50);

Value2 = WAverage(Value1, NumBars);

IFish = (ExpValue(2*Value2) - 1) / (ExpValue(2*Value2) + 1);

Plot1(IFish, "IFish");

Plot2(OverSold, "OverSld" );

Plot3(OverBought, "OverBot");

Plot4(0, "Zero");

{ Color criteria }

if Plot1 > OverBought then

SetPlotColor( 1, OverBColor )

else if Plot1 < OverSold then

SetPlotColor( 1, OverSColor ) ;

+++++++++++++==definations of functions==+++++++++++++++

WAverage :=: is a weighted moving average of the Price over the Length specified. It is calculated by giving the more current data a heavier weight and the oldest data less weight.

Expvalue :=: Returns the exponential value of the specified (Num).

Bump

Hi gabroo_munda

Here is the Inverse Fisher Transform of RSI. As far as I know, this version is correct.

cucurucu:
Here is the Inverse Fisher Transform of RSI. As far as I know, this version is correct.

A lot of code with is not needed I made my version of this indicator , according to rules described by author of Inv Fisher RSI and it looks almost the same, the values are diffrent, but it looks almost the same.

Files:
ifish.mq4  3 kb

Sound Alert on Zero Line Crossing

Greetings everyone.

I am wondering if somebody would be able to code sound alert for Zero Line Crossing on Fisher_Yur4ik indicator.

Thanks in advance

Igorad:

I am sorry maybe it is a translation issue but I am not sure what you mean by all questions about Fisher being answered by understanding the information in the documents you provided. This is what I think you mean, please tell me if it is: That the indicator must repaint the past in order to function correctly and we must accept that as part of how it works, it is a limitation that cannot be removed.

Also confusing is the Fisher v1 you posted, does it have some code that causes it to function differently then the yur4ik versions? Could you please explain this.

I am thankful for your insight to this indicator. You mention that it is using WPR or stochastic to calculate it. May we then conclude that using one of those indicators would give us same data/signals so we do not have to deal with frustration of Fisher repainting past?

Again I may not be understanding your previous posts because of translation. Thank you for your help and patience.

~Nebula

Hi,

Main mistake in Fisher_Yur4ik is absolutely wrong calculation of Price Channel.

He calculate Price Channel from 0 bar to Bars instead of calculation from last bar in history(Bars) to 0 bar.

I have corrected this bugs and now you can compare both indicators.

Igor

Files:
Reason: