Ask! - page 126

ivanlopez1:
try this after the start function , its set to check for a signal every 30minutes , just change the period time. it works for me . if(timeprev!= /*Time[0]*/ iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,0)) { //---- Check signal only once a bar m30

Ok, but if I set it to check every four hours then I could miss trades that happen in between that time. Like if a trade doesn't happen for a few days then a signal happens on a half hour that gets missed because of the four hour skip check that is not good either. Can I not use a mixture of OrderSelect and OrderCloseTime somehow? I just need it to detect when a trade for a specific magicnumber or symbol closes then wait only after that for four hours before checking trade condition criteria again. Thanks

Icustom Question

This is what I have for the custom indy. When I use it the memory usage goes way up, am I doing it right.

Indy attached.

iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_T1,"RSI_Color_RSI_v1.01_Maxim",RSI_Daily_One,PRICE_CLOSE,PERIOD_T1,0,0,false,0,Current + 0);

How Do I Get Label To Show Up In Indicator Window

ObjectCreate("Bears [1]", OBJ_LABEL, 1, 0, 0);

ObjectSetText("Bears [1]", "BEARS", 14, "Lucida Handwriting", Red);

ObjectSet("Bears [1]", OBJPROP_CORNER, 3);

ObjectSet("Bears [1]", OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, 10);

ObjectSet("Bears [1]", OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, 30);

Using this I get a Grey "LABEL" showing up indicator window. How do I get this above to show "BEARS" in the Lower Right Corner of the indicator window??

Thanks in Advance!

Dave

I found Out - You need to go to the Objects List in the overall graph and click on the label name to set placement of label - Very Strange way of doing this!

How Do I Erase Previous Display Names

if(TrendUP==1)

{

ObjectCreate("TrendUP [1]", OBJ_LABEL, 0, 0, 0);

ObjectSetText("TrendUP [1]", "CONFIRMED TREND UP", 10, "Lucida Handwriting", Cyan);

ObjectSet("TrendUP [1]", OBJPROP_CORNER, 3);

ObjectSet("TrendUP [1]", OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, 2);

ObjectSet("TrendUP [1]", OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, 2);

}

I use the same location on the graph to denote display names whether a trend is up, down etc. etc. How do I "block out" using wingdings previous display names (Or make the area of the display name in black) so that the above Object Create Name shows up without overlapping other names?? I know it has to be something simple. About 7 names end up using the same graph location under specific trading conditions. Can you Help!!

Best Regards,

Dave

Anybody care to assist?? Help me if you can..!

How to automatically close open position after 1 hour?

Dear colleagues!

Could someone post piece of EA code which automatically closes open position exactly after definite time interval, for example, after 1 hour or 3600 seconds? It needed in case if open position didn't reached Take Profit or Stop Loss after exact minutes/hours.

Best regards,

Warren

zig zag pointer as a filter?

Hi all

I new to writing EA's and would like a little bit of help please.

Could someone please tell me how I could add the zig_zag_pointer as a filter in an ea. How do you tell if arrow is down or up?

I have added the indi I want to use below.

Thanks in advance.

please help. Basic code MQL4.

codersguru:
Hi folks,

I've got a lot of private messages asking me for helping with some pieces of code.

Here you can post your questions related to MQL4, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Hello.

I'm new in programming but really serious to learn.

I read one example in metatrader platform (moving average.mq4).

there is a line of code that i don't understand its purpose (I put a mark in moving average.mq4).

I modified some part of this EA in order to anticipate requote or rejection from the broker once the EA sent ordersend() for buy or sell.

Please advice me if this block of code could works or not.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Mike

Please I need help in correcting the bug in this ea

I will be very glad if someone could help in correcting the bug in the attached ea.

Help with Hedge EA

Can anyone help me code a "batch order"? I would like to have something that allows me to enter two seperate positions with the click of a button. I typically trade in hedged positions. I have several different pairs I trade at different times. All I would like to have is an EA that the moment I turn it on, it will (for example) enter me into a 1 lot long on the EURUSD and 1 lot short on the GBPUSD. Can anyone help assist me with this code? It would sure be much nicer to simply hit one button rather than to open one chart click new order, click buy and then race to open the next chart hit new order and sell it.

Thanks,

EZ

Help

Can someone please tell me why is it that everytime I try to download an EA or indicator from this site the first thing I have to do is to sign in even though I am already signed in and then it gives me the file in HTML Code. Am I doing something wrong

Thanks in advance

JBear

Reason: