Hedge Is Prohibited

Typically, to trade FOREX, one sells short and then buys back. Or, one buys long and then sells to close. This platform won't allow me to sell short and then buy back. So, I can't close a short position after I've opened it. this occurs on market orders.

I then tried a pending order where I placed the take profit below the current price with the hope that the price would drop through it. It didn't. I then placed a stoploss above the current price so that if the price turned, it would stop me out. None of these worked.

Does anyone know how to sell FOREX short and then get MT4 to allow me to buy it back to close the order? Or, does anyone know how to close out a position with this platform?

Thanks.

ggiordano:

Typically, to trade FOREX, one sells short and then buys back. Or, one buys long and then sells to close. This platform won't allow me to sell short and then buy back. So, I can't close a short position after I've opened it. this occurs on market orders.

I then tried a pending order where I placed the take profit below the current price with the hope that the price would drop through it. It didn't. I then placed a stoploss above the current price so that if the price turned, it would stop me out. None of these worked.

Does anyone know how to sell FOREX short and then get MT4 to allow me to buy it back to close the order? Or, does anyone know how to close out a position with this platform?

Thanks.

Never mind.I found it. You have to open the terminal, right click on an order and then click close order. The popup then allows youto close the order with a buy back (for shorts) and a sell back (for longs). A bit different than other platforms but once you know how, it works. Lord save us from the newbies...!
Reason: