Ask! - page 123

.:: How many indicators do you have in your indicator folder?
TheRumpledOne:
Perhaps you can help me.

Sometimes when I compile a new indicator, MT4 decides to compile most of my indicators but not all of them. Some of my indicators do NOT appear in the Navigator window when this happens so I can't drag them onto a chart. Do you have any idea why this may happen?

I have to move some indicators into a different folder to get all of my indicators that start with "_TRO_" to compile and appear in the Navigator window. Could the "_" in front of the name be causing the problem?

Evaluating EA settings with the Tester

There is a disagreement between my friend and I about what the most important criteria are for choosing settings for a functional EA that I would like some input on from anyone. While we both are working with very high modeling quality and agree that we need at least 30 trades to have some degree of statistical significance; he is stuck on maximizing net profit while I say percentage of all winning trades is the most important along with a near equality of win rate between longs and shorts. The argument is that a higher win rate will deteriorate less going forward as he is satisfied with a winning trade percentage of maybe 65% while I shoot for at least 80% regardless of the pips won. We both update settings weekly.

Since we are both running different EA's that are meeting with various levels of success so, we cannot compare them equally. Anyone have some experience on this?

Thanks

DeadEye96

I was wondering if anyone could help me make this EA increase lots as the account grew.. So it would use a percentage instead of fixed lots. Or just double up everytime the account would double.. Thanks in advance

Hi mrpro

I have added a little bit of code for you which will give you 4 ways of controling your lot size.

I have named it abc.mq4

Information on how to use it is in the code.

Hope this helps

Files:
abc.mq4  12 kb

can anyone please help me or give me a suggestion for my problem?

How to?

i deleted this post and moved here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

if someone would kindly help me...

mrpro:
I was wondering if anyone could help me make this EA increase lots as the account grew.. So it would use a percentage instead of fixed lots. Or just double up everytime the account would double.. Thanks in advance

Hi mrpro

I have added a little bit of code for you which will give you 4 ways of controling your lot size.

I have named it abc.mq4

Information on how to use it is in the code.

Hope this helps

Hey, thanks I really appreciate it

questions with MQL

Hi

I've some questions with MQL.

I would try to made my question in natural language :-)

Here's my first question :

When i put standard Stoch as indicator and i need to know 5 parameters :

1- current value of the %K line (the main one, Color LightSeaGreen in standard)

2- current value of the %D line (the signal one, Color Red in standard)

3- it had crossed ? (boolean)

4- Who cross Who ?

5- The level point (value) of crossing.

How i could simply write that with MQL ?

Perhaps it's possible to store theses parameters in an array ?

Thx.

How to automatically close open position after 1 hour?

Dear colleagues!

Could someone post piece of EA code which automatically closes open position exactly after definite time interval, for example, after 1 hour or 3600 seconds? It needed in case if open position didn't reached Take Profit or Stop Loss after exact hours.

Best regards,

Warren

Remote Network Monitoring

I'm not sure whether this is the right thread or not, but I'm curious to know what folk do to protect their trading setup while it's unattended live trading.

For instance, the broker feed might go down, the broadband connection might drop, there might be a power outage or the PC might simply crash.

I've been made aware of remote monitoring systems whereby a PC on a different connection can be set up to regularly ping the PC that is live trading and report any errors via text message or other means.

Has anybody got experience of such systems? If so, is there a recommended system? What do people use and how does it work?

Trying to alter EA

I am trying to alter the BB ea.

What I want it to do is when the ZZ Pointer is pointing down and the BB Stops turn to a sell is to place a sell trade and to exit on the next ZZ Pointer up signal. And when ZZ pointer is up and the BB Stops turn to a buy signal to place a buy and exit on next ZZ Pointer down signal.

The part of code I would like help with is below:

void BBStops()

{

smax1 = smax;

smin1 = smin;

smax=iBands(NULL,0,Length,Deviation,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_UPPER,1);

smin=iBands(NULL,0,Length,Deviation,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_LOWER,1);

PrevTrend=Trend;

if (Close[1]<smax1) Trend=1;

if (Close[1]>smin1) Trend=-1;

if(Trendsmin1) smin = smin1;

if(Trend>0 && smax<smax1) smax = smax1;

bsmax1 = bsmax;

bsmin1 = bsmin;

bsmax = smax+0.5*(MoneyRisk-1)*(smax-smin);

bsmin = smin-0.5*(MoneyRisk-1)*(smax-smin);

if(Trendbsmin1) bsmin=bsmin1;

if(Trend>0 && bsmax<bsmax1) bsmax=bsmax1;

}

void normalSignal(int shift){

double ZigZagUp,ZigZagDown;

ZigZagUp=iCustom(NULL,0,"ZigZag Pointer",0,shift);

ZigZagDown=iCustom(NULL,0,"ZigZag Pointer",1,shift);

}

void TradeSignal()

{

BuySignal = (

Close[1] - smax1 > DeltaLong*Point

&&

PrevTrend<0

);

SellSignal= (

smin1 - Close[1] > DeltaShort*Point

&&

PrevTrend>0

);

}

void ExitSignal()

{

BuyExit = (

Close[1] < smin1

&&

PrevTrend>0

);

SellExit= (

Close[1] > smax1

&&

PrevTrend<0

);

}

So could some one show me how to enter the ZZ Pointer code into the Buy / Sell and Exit code above.

Thanks in advance

Reason: