Ask! - page 121

2 indicators in same window

Could somebody please either tell me or point to a thread showing how to do this.

I want to have 2 indicators displaying in the same window. Both indicators are oscillators with the same fixed minimum and maximum which I gather is important for it to work. One indicator is a MTF version of the other.

I've seen it done, but I don't know how to do it.

If I could make it work, it would save a bit of valuable desktop space.

getting info from opened positions??

Hi all again!!! i thank u in advance, bacause i found in this forum lots of really useful informations and ideas

I need to know how getting infos from opened positions, in my case how much the last order is in gain/loss

How can i do it?

Please help

thank you!

From the mql4 help file...

double OrderProfit( )

Returns the net profit value (without swaps or commissions) for the selected order. For open positions, it is the current unrealized profit. For closed orders, it is the fixed profit.

Returns profit for the currently selected order.

Hope that helps.

Lux

Thanks newdigital

The simplest things are so often the easiest to overlook.

thx i ll try it!

luxinterior:
From the mql4 help file...

double OrderProfit( )

Returns the net profit value (without swaps or commissions) for the selected order. For open positions, it is the current unrealized profit. For closed orders, it is the fixed profit.

Returns profit for the currently selected order.

Hope that helps.

Lux

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can find code that will allow my EA only to trade at a certain time? Thanks!

Yoda_Glenn:
Can someone point me in the direction of where I can find code that will allow my EA only to trade at a certain time? Thanks!

It should be here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177332

Current Range Indicator

Does anybody know if an indicator has been coded which expresses the range of the last x bars as a percentage of the average daily range? A sort of volatility meter which says whether the market is currently trending or ranging.

I think an indicator like this would be useful if used in conjunction with a trend following indicator. If the current range is below a certain level it would be a cue to ignore any entry signals from the trend indicator and stay out of the market until the volatility picked up.

This may be of use to you.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177237

Lux

Reason: