Ask! - page 26

Any MA Crossing Price: Anyone? Thanks in advance

Bunch of great ppl here!. I read almost all the threads Need help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(* I posted this in Alerts Thread and later saw this forum titled 'ASK'. Sorry to repeat the post again. )

First, let me say this forum is one of the great forums. I really appreciate/applaud to those who take their time and effort to reply/solve other user's problems/queries.

Now I have been reading this forum and searching mainly for a simple indicator. Either my rusty brain is not seeing/reading the code properly or I am getting old

All I need is an Audio/Arrow Alert when PRICE crosses/touches a particular MA. I See there are lots of indicators/codes that give alerts when 2 MAs cross. But I just want an alert when PRICE Crosses/Touches a particular MA.

Is this possible? I apologise in advance if this is requested back and already answered. I couldnot find it

Also I would like to get suggestion on a starting point on understanding MQL language/functions structures and syntax and any ebook/book recos is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for this great site and great ppl!

Kent

iscuba11:
Let's try a new approach. Same statement, Null, 15, etc. etc. Comment displays message. When I switch to another time frame which activates other indicator, Null, 5, how do I eliminate the comment made by the 15 minute indicator???? Other languages, all you have to is use a comment " " field on the 5 minute indicator and it will wipe out the displayed message left by the 15 minute indicator. Why does this not work on this goofy language??

Hello Iscuba11,

Can u develop this indicator for me. Its a simple indicator and I just need it for reference.

If the current bar breaks the high of previous 3 bars, then a buy signal is generated.

If the current bar breaks the low of previous 3 bars, then a sell signal is generated.

Also, is it possible that the break point can be mentioned next to the buy/sell signal

Thnx

kev

Mark charts in an EA (and other things)

Questions/problems:

Are there any examples around of visually showing what your EA is doing? I'd like to have arrows or labels like my indicators on the chart when the EA is running.

Speaking of that - how do some of the indicators write below the Comment() line at the top left corner?

You know how you can open a chart after testing? It's got little arrows on it for each buy or sell, if you set the color in the code. How do you get to that chart as the EA is running? For that matter, how can I increase the size of those arrows, or add labels to that chart?

Is there any way to save/load parameters for indicators? You can do it so easily for EAs that I guess I must just be missing it. I really don't want to write an entire flat file read/write routine just to do that, when it should be there anyway (In my humble opinion)

MTF Stochastics

HI

I have an idea about an indicator: Slow Stochastic Multiple Time Frames.

The idea here is to have an indicator that shows the STO level in different TF by a color code.

The indicator could be displayed like Forex Freedom Indicator.

Color code to display (for example):

0-10 Extremely oversold

10-20 Oversold

20-80 Transition Level

80-90 Overbought

90-100 Extremely Overbought

Time Frames to Display: 5min, 15 min, 30 min, 1h, 4h, Daily

Customizable K, D and Slow, colors and levels

What do you think?

Thanks

Help needed on Modifying Stop Loss and Take Profit on Existing Trades

I created this, but have a problem. I have 2 trades active - 1 sell on EURUSD, and 1 sell on USDCHF. The below coding will modify the first sell trade EURUSD, but will not modify the second sell trade USDCHF. I know something is wrong and lacking in the coding. Would you eyeball it and tell me what I did wrong or what is omitted in the below coding. This is very important to me! Thanks much in advance!

Dave <<<

int i=0;

for(i=0; i<OrdersTotal(); i++)

OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if(OrderType()>=OP_SELL&& OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber () == MagicNumber || MagicNumber==0)

{

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),Ask+(15*Point),Bid-(20*Point),Cyan); //Modify stop loss and take profit

return(0);

}

if(OrderType()>=OP_BUY && OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber () == MagicNumber || MagicNumber==0)

{

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),Bid-(15*Point),Ask+(20*Point),Cyan); //Modify stop loss and take profit

return(0);

}

return(0);

}

}

From what I have experienced so far in looking at various codings of programs, there really seems a lack of modular block coding to handle all the various functions of the programs. Some languages use this block coding very extensively which eliminates a lot of custom coding. I wonder if this is possible with this language. Like the function of my coding above. This is modular in itself. It serves one big function (when it is coded right) and that is to modify existing ongoing live trades.

Why can't most if not all of this coding be broken down into useable modular blocks of code, each doing a specific task. Maybe I am not seeing it for what these programs are doing, but many of these programs are one big miss mash of coding. They function, but they are hard to follow the logic in them. Modular coding is much cleaner and easy to learn from.

Just my thoughts!

Dave

<<<

P.S. Would you fine programmers in this forum lend my little block of programming in above post a hand. It needs your expertise to fix it!

Templates and block codes would make developing EAs much easier.

richx7:
Templates and block codes would make developing EAs much easier.

>>>

I agree to what you both said. The otherday, I saw someone mentioning that there is no 'or' operator/syntax is available in Mql. Really? Surprised.

Aside, Can any one help me in suggesting a simple indicator and corresponding EA combination so that I can understand how things work here?

Reason: