T3 - page 20

T3 stochastic ...

The problem with that T3 stochastic is that it is a built in stochastic that is additionally smoothed by T3. If we want a "real" T3 stochastic it has to be like this : in this one there is no "double smoothing" (Slowing applies T3 smoothing directly, as well as DPeriod for signal line) and you can use any price you wish (including the open, of course ).

It does not work as the built in stochastic but the calculation used is as the one described here : Stochastic oscillator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (with an addition that the closing price from that formula can be any price you choose). In a strict sense of a word, this one really deserves the "T3 stochastic" name

Pava:
Shoot!...it makes me nervous, when the tail wags constantly!:)...O'h well...
Files:

Trying to use iCustom to call...

I have an EA my friend and I are making that can include many indicators but I need some help please-

I would like to call the T3 trend strength- option for slope change or 0 cross activation,

also the wonderful newest T3 stochastic here (thank you mladen)- color change or 2 levels for activation

and how about the iCustom call for a triple T3 ma?

I like to make the parameters changeable with extern names, I can usually figure that out- just not much else lol

this level logic doesn't seem to be working- I probably got it all wrong- also was wondering how to get it to recognize STC Color color changes instead of levels- Thanks

if (iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"STC_COLOR",STCPeriod, STCFastMAPeriod,STCSlowMAPeriod,5,0) < 90)

myOrderType=1; //sell

if (iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"STC_COLOR",STCPeriod, STCFastMAPeriod,STCSlowMAPeriod,6,0) > 10)

myOrderType=2; //buy

Schaff trend cycle is specific as far as slope is regarded (it can have a lng periods of flat value in which the slope must "inherit" previous value).

Anyway, it is always best (when it comes to EAs) to have a simplified version of indicator which will d only the thing required from the EA. Attaching a version of Schaff trend cycle that shows only 2 values (depending on slope) : +1 for slope up, and -1 for slope down (here is how it compares to a clean Schaff trend cycle :

A call to find out if an entry depending on slope is triggered in that case could look something like this :

int myOrderType=-1;

double currSlope = iCustom(NULL,0,"Schaff Trend Cycle binary",STCPeriod,FastMAPeriod,SlowMAPeriod,0,0);

double prevSlope = iCustom(NULL,0,"Schaff Trend Cycle binary",STCPeriod,FastMAPeriod,SlowMAPeriod,0,1);

if (currSlope!=prevSlope)

{

if (currSlope==1)

myOrderType=OP_BUY;

else myOrderType=OP_SELL;

}

angrysky:
I have an EA my friend and I are making that can include many indicators but I need some help please-

I would like to call the T3 trend strength- option for slope change or 0 cross activation,

also the wonderful newest T3 stochastic here (thank you mladen)- color change or 2 levels for activation

and how about the iCustom call for a triple T3 ma?

I like to make the parameters changeable with extern names, I can usually figure that out- just not much else lol

this level logic doesn't seem to be working- I probably got it all wrong- also was wondering how to get it to recognize STC Color color changes instead of levels- Thanks

if (iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"STC_COLOR",STCPeriod, STCFastMAPeriod,STCSlowMAPeriod,5,0) < 90)

myOrderType=1; //sell

if (iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"STC_COLOR",STCPeriod, STCFastMAPeriod,STCSlowMAPeriod,6,0) > 10)

myOrderType=2; //buy

mladen:
Schaff trend cycle is specific as far as slope is regarded (it can have a lng periods of flat value in which the slope must "inherit" previous value).

Anyway, it is always best (when it comes to EAs) to have a simplified version of indicator which will d only the thing required from the EA. Attaching a version of Schaff trend cycle that shows only 2 values (depending on slope) : +1 for slope up, and -1 for slope down (here is how it compares to a clean Schaff trend cycle :

A call to find out if an entry depending on slope is triggered in that case could look something like this :

int myOrderType=-1;

double currSlope = iCustom(NULL,0,"Schaff Trend Cycle binary",STCPeriod,FastMAPeriod,SlowMAPeriod,0,0);

double prevSlope = iCustom(NULL,0,"Schaff Trend Cycle binary",STCPeriod,FastMAPeriod,SlowMAPeriod,0,1);

{

if (currSlope==1)

myOrderType=OP_BUY;

}

Is it possible to add an alert to this indicator?

Schaff trend cycle binary with alerts ...

Posted it here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173478/page8 (in the Schaff trend cycle thread - in order to keep the things together as much as it is possible)

clon_tron:
Is it possible to add an alert to this indicator?

mladen:
Posted it here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173478/page8 (in the Schaff trend cycle thread - in order to keep the things together as much as it is possible)

Thanks mrtools!

mrtools is another guy (we actually live on opposite sides of the world) , but does not matter :):)

clon_tron:
Thanks mrtools!

mladen:
mrtools is another guy (we actually live on opposite sides of the world) , but does not matter :):)

OOPS! Sorry mladen, mixed your name with mrtools

mladen:

int myOrderType=-1;

{

if (currSlope==1)

myOrderType=OP_BUY;

}

- Sorry but I have a modification I would like a lot- it activates on the color change which is great but I would like it if it wouldn't register a color change unless it was up or down through a top or bottom level- is that possible?

The dotted yellow lines should be the triggers- hope this makes sense, it could still work with an EA and we could have it-

Thanks

Files:

Schaff trend cycle binary 2 ...

Here is this one :

It has 3 states : 1 for cases when values are greater than desired up level, -1 for cases when values are smaller than desired down level and 0 for cases in-between (a soort of a "netral" trend"). So it is is a kind of a ternary indicator, but left the name of it. Here is how it compares to regular Schaff trend cycle with levels 10 and 90 :

angrysky:
- Sorry but I have a modification I would like a lot- it activates on the color change which is great but I would like it if it wouldn't register a color change unless it was up or down through a top or bottom level- is that possible?

The dotted yellow lines should be the triggers- hope this makes sense, it could still work with an EA and we could have it-

Thanks

Reason: