Ema Angle Zero - page 8

mladen:
Fire0520

This would be an angle of T3. It has all the usual parameter (including the T3.Original. If it is set to tru, then T3 is calculated the original Timm Tillson way, otherwise it is calculated the Fulks/Matulich way - the usually known as :faster way")

Mr. Mladen, I have a question to ask for you if you have time to give me some help.

These days I can't install "angle of T3.mq4", "angle of T3 2" and some about T3 indicators. When I double click the indicator, it didn't appear in the sub-window, and I don't know if it is due to the update of New MT4? (I have put T3.mq4 in the MQ4 folder.)

If you have time, pls help me how to solve it.

Really Thanks, Fire0520

Fire0520:
Mr. Mladen, I have a question to ask for you if you have time to give me some help.

These days I can't install "angle of T3.mq4", "angle of T3 2" and some about T3 indicators. When I double click the indicator, it didn't appear in the sub-window, and I don't know if it is due to the update of New MT4? (I have put T3.mq4 in the MQ4 folder.)

Really Thanks, Fire0520

Fire0520

This is a new metatrader compatible angle of T3 : angle_of_t3_nmc.mq4

Files:

And the angle of T3 2 made new metatrader 4 compatible : angle_of_t3_2_nmc.mq4

Fire0520:

Really Thanks, Fire0520

Fire0520

You mentioned that you have problems with some T3 indicator. Would you mind specifying exactly which ones?

Indicator to show moving average slope degree

Hello is there an indicator which displays the angle at which there is variations in degree of the slope? such as 50 degrees 60 30 20 above or below when the degree of the slope angle has changed with the ma line either up or down? thankyou

Regards, J

forexts:
EMAAngleZero is a filter to keep out of sideways markets when there is no trend. It uses EMA 34 with an angle threshold of .2 to .33 to detect a sideways market. As explained in the comments found in the indicator, when the angle is near zero do not trade.

The angles are measured in Radians where 1 radian is about 57 degrees. So .33 is about 19 degrees and .2 is about 11 degrees.

These values are parameters to the expert so can be changed. This includes the 3 period values for LSMA as well as the period for EMAAngleZero and the threshold.

Is somethign wrong with my mt4? When I load that first indicator in the first post I get this with only part of the reading from the indicator showing

Files:
slopema.png  21 kb

justin7:
Is somethign wrong with my mt4? When I load that first indicator in the first post I get this with only part of the reading from the indicator showing

justin7

Use it now : emaanglezero.mq4

Files:

mladen:
justin7 Use it now : emaanglezero.mq4

Dearest MLADEN

so much thanks,it is now working exactly with me too.

regards

mntiwana

mladen:
This issue was around for so long time ...

The problem that people overlook when asking to calculate an angle of an average is simple : data on Y axes of a time series chart is different type from the data on X axis. Since they are completely different, the angle can not be calculated from that data ... unless you make them the compatible.

This is one possible solution : this version "coverts" time into "pips" by using average true range as a value of a single time bar and that way unifies the values of X and Y axis. Using the ATR for that is an approximation (there is ni 100% accurate method to do that), but it is not a bad approximation : at least it is not showing results of > 90 degrees
PS: MAType 4 is LSMA in this indicator. The rest is the usual : 0 -> SMA, 1 -> EMA, 2 -> SMMA and 3 -> LWMA

Angle of average made new metatrader 4 compatible :

akrolytis:
Hello mladen, could you add an alert function? Thank You in advance.

akrolytis

Here you go

4 kinds of alerts can happen :
- when angle goes above upper angle level

- when angle goes bellow upper angle level

- when angle goes bellow lower angle level

- when angle goes above lower angle level

Reason: