Laguerre indicator - page 8

forexx.ch

Try out this one (it should solve your repainting problems). It is showing 3 Laguerre RSIs in the same sub-window. To get what you used to get from "ACS" set the smoothing to 2. I do not know the rest of your parameters, so I used what I could decipher from the picture you posted.

As of parameters :
Gamma(n) - gama for that instance of Lagurre

Smooth(n) - smoothing factor (simple moving average) for that instance of L:aguerre

Price(n) - price to use in that instance Laguerre calculation. Prices can be

0 - close

1 - open

2 - high

3 - low

4 - median - (high+low)/2

5 - typical - (high+low+close)/3

6 - weighted - (high+low+close+close)/4

Files:

Mladen

mladen:
forexx.ch

Try out this one (it should solve your repainting problems). It is showing 3 Laguerre RSIs in the same sub-window. To get what you used to get from "ACS" set the smoothing to 2. I do not know the rest of your parameters, so I used what I could decipher from the picture you posted.

As of parameters :
Gamma(n) - gama for that instance of Lagurre

Smooth(n) - smoothing factor (simple moving average) for that instance of L:aguerre

Price(n) - price to use in that instance Laguerre calculation. Prices can be

0 - close

1 - open

2 - high

3 - low

4 - median - (high+low)/2

5 - typical - (high+low+close)/3

6 - weighted - (high+low+close+close)/4

you are the BEST !!!

Files:
laguerre.gif  24 kb

Thank you very much for your help, Mladen! I appreciate your explanations.

I think these 3 "RSI laguerres" would change my signal crossings. My yellow "laguerre filter" would be maybe move too fast with your "RSI laguerre". I use this slow yellow "filter laguerre" to "filter" false red laguerre 0.85 and 0.15 signals (that doesn't arrive to the other extreme zone), and to know what is the general trend for my other indicators (but i have to make test about this point!). At the end i have to resign myself, if i don't want my laguerre filter "repaint"...

I have read many informations about RSI laguerre on this forum (with the attachment documents particularly). But it's not the case with laguerre filter. So, it's my last question (for the moment!):

Is this the property of a laguerre filter to be correlated with the actual currency price? What is really its role, in comparison with the other laguerres?

Thank you

forexx.ch

I am afraid that I do not understand you last question. But let me try ...

Now, I hope this clarifies the common, the different and the relation of both RSI and Filter to the price itself, and I hope that this answers your question

regards

Mladen

Your explanations are very useful for me Mladen, you respond very well to my "strange" question. I wanted informations, because there's not so many technical explanations about laguerre on the internet. Thank you very much, it's clear for me now!

I know that my 3 laguerres are not so "academic", but i have seen they make quite good signals (except the last week!), if you use the crossing i describe in my first thread. I have found this signal is especially good in the passage from asiatic to european sessions (7:00am-8:00am, +1gmt). It seems to be very good, when you want to take long trends in intraday (like 5min period). Plus, the red ACS1 laguerre has often helped to see if a pullback was envisageable possible (the biggest advantage of the laguerre for me!). But it's sure i need to use it with other indicator and chartist confirmations, to see if it's good to take position at this moment (to avoid proximate rebounds).

Have a nice week

mladen:
forexx.ch

Your post and your way of using the Laguerre indicators made me think (which is a rare thing ). And then I decided to make a kind of a "all Laguerre indicator" to see what happens.

Now, that would be all about Laguerre for now. forexx.ch I hope this one can help you in your trading. This one does not repaint at all, so you should not have any problem in using it in "signaling mode"

some do not understand, the vertical lines

Or is it all random.....

forexx.ch

Your post and your way of using the Laguerre indicators made me think (which is a rare thing ). And then I decided to make a kind of a "all Laguerre indicator" to see what happens.

Now, that would be all about Laguerre for now. forexx.ch I hope this one can help you in your trading. This one does not repaint at all, so you should not have any problem in using it in "signaling mode"

Laguerre rsi and Laguerre filter line crosses

As far as I see nothing is random with those lines, but then you already knew that :):)

all the best

ZIGANI:
some do not understand, the vertical lines Or is it all random.....

mladen:
Laguerre rsi and Laguerre filter line crosses

As far as I see nothing is random with those lines, but then you already knew that :):)

all the best

many crossing different color....

Files:

Please, reread the original post what are the signal

No crossing different color Red are losing trades, black are not. The no trade zone filters out some of the lossing ones (most of them on that example, since that block of "all red orders" is cleaned up with "no trade zone")

Reason: