SuperWoodieCCI - page 21

MTF EMA of CCI - what do you think?

Here's an EMA of CCI values indicator that looks to me like it shows good overbought/sold conditions. I added 4 of the CCI EMA indicators onto the same window and set the CCI period to 8,12,16 and 20. This seems to show more accurate signals. Also you can set the timeframe of the CCI thou this doesnt seem to improve accuracy any. Here's a pic. Will post the indicator if you want it.

Files:
tester4.bmp  1607 kb

Yes!

Yes please post.. I really want to check out this indicator.

Thank you!

Brian

mrwobbles:
Here's an EMA of CCI values indicator that looks to me like it shows good overbought/sold conditions. I added 4 of the CCI EMA indicators onto the same window and set the CCI period to 8,12,16 and 20. This seems to show more accurate signals. Also you can set the timeframe of the CCI thou this doesnt seem to improve accuracy any. Here's a pic. Will post the indicator if you want it.

Here you go. You'll have to set 4 CCI EMAs running on the same window. I'm working on a version that will draw 4 CCIs with different periods on one chart. I suggest using 8,12,16 and 20 period CCIs overlayed on one window. You'll have to change the colours to make it easier to tell whats happening. I use a 7 day EMA but you might find another figure that works. I've got a few other EMA's of indicators ATR, Volume, Stochastic and RSI, I tried doing a simple MA of ADX but it didnt really improve accuracy. It shouldn't be too difficult to adapt this so it computes an EMA of any indicator you want. Just look for the ExtMapBuffer=iCCI(...) part and replace it with the indicator you want to average. Obviously you'll have to change things like the short name and the external inputs but that shouldnt be too hard.

Files:
cci_ema.mq4  2 kb

thank you so much

CCI of EMA's

Awesome.. thank you very much!

Brian

mrwobbles:
Here you go. You'll have to set 4 CCI EMAs running on the same window. I'm working on a version that will draw 4 CCIs with different periods on one chart. I suggest using 8,12,16 and 20 period CCIs overlayed on one window. You'll have to change the colours to make it easier to tell whats happening. I use a 7 day EMA but you might find another figure that works. I've got a few other EMA's of indicators ATR, Volume, Stochastic and RSI, I tried doing a simple MA of ADX but it didnt really improve accuracy. It shouldn't be too difficult to adapt this so it computes an EMA of any indicator you want. Just look for the ExtMapBuffer=iCCI(...) part and replace it with the indicator you want to average. Obviously you'll have to change things like the short name and the external inputs but that shouldnt be too hard.

s

mrwobbles:

Hi i want to know how you added 4 of the CCI EMA indicators onto the same window and set the cci periods? I can not set them all in same window.I can only add 4 separate indicators.Thanks

e_venik:
Hi i want to know how you added 4 of the CCI EMA indicators onto the same window and set the cci periods? I can not set them all in same window.I can only add 4 separate indicators.Thanks

Please, read this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Can this be made?

Is it possible to create a CCI indicator in which the trend period would be adjustable, and the display only show numbers, no histogram or bars?

BlueWhale:
Is it possible to create a CCI indicator in which the trend period would be adjustable, and the display only show numbers, no histogram or bars?

Would you mind telling me what this request would do to improve your success rate with the CCi?

Secondly, if you do NOT SEE the CCi in realtime, you miss out on the beauty of this incredible indicator, that of impending directional changes and overheating candles, etc.

I suggest you study this indicator in depth before asking for something that will in fact take away a major portion from this indicator.

Don't butcher it - it is excellent the way it is. Get to know it intimately.

generousforex:
Yes please post.. I really want to check out this indicator.

Thank you!

Brian

Hi Brian,

As I have mentioned before, ANY and I mean ANY attempt at adding MVAs to this already incredible indicator, will only SLOW it down!

My advise to you remain: get to know this indicator intimately!

Reason: