Welcome to the MQL4 course - page 9

referencing multiple pivot levels in the EA

Dear Coders' Guru,

How can I write an idicator and an EA that references multiple levels?

In this case I have a Floor_Pivots_Hourly.mq4 indicator (attached) that draws Pivot Point, R1, R2, R3, and S1, S2, S3 levels on 1-5 min chart.

I presume that I should use return() function, so that the EA can reference it, right? How do I do that?

Lets assume that I want to write a simple central tendency strategy/EA that will go LONG when the Closing Price of the Bar closes above the S1 level (with previous bar's closing price being below the S1 level). Short would be vice-versa.

Thanks, Kris

Files:

i need help!

hello everybody!

I'am form china a Trading.I want learn grid systems MQL code,thanks!

zx426:
hello everybody! I'am form china a Trading.I want learn grid systems MQL code,thanks!

Hello.

I moved your post to this thread. Take a look at the section it's a whole tutorial about mql4.

If you have programming knowledge: MQL4 参考文档

coderguru why is it that every time i try to open my metalanguage compiler it closes and won't open?

Thanks

Hi Codersguru,

really want to appreciate your effforts in submitting teaching on how to write codes for Mt4 trading.Please keep up the good work.

Can I also have the series forwarded to my e-mail?

Thanks

Dear Codersguru,

thank u to u of u'll hard works on completing the books of MQL4 Programming... based "C"... i'm speechless & feel how kind of u make us more 'knowledgeable' in MQL4...

May God Bless u & family .....

regards,

MANSTIR

To start a huge pat on the back for your kindness in helping those who need it.

Now this may be too simple a question...I have used the search function but can't seem to get it narrowed down.

I have an mql file and would like to know how to change it to an ex4 file...just to hide the logic (I know there are decompilers out there, but only those keen enough will actually use one)

Thanks

amyfor:

Now this may be too simple a question...I have used the search function but can't seem to get it narrowed down.

I have an mql file and would like to know how to change it to an ex4 file...just to hide the logic (I know there are decompilers out there, but only those keen enough will actually use one)

Thanks

ex4 it's a compiled mq4.

When you hit the compile button on the metaeditor (where you're working with mq4) you get a ex4 file.

Also, If you download an indicator to the indicators folder. When you start (or restart) MT4, an ex4 file is generated automatically.

And some things like this examples. MT4 works with ex4 files only.

amyfor:

Thanks

hmmm if u want to compile an .mq4 file to .ex4 file just 'click' "compile" at MetaEditor only.. that its...

for other reasons to decompile those files like '.ex4' to source code '.mq4', u need decompiler program.. or else u need to pay some of quality programmer here to decompile ur files...1st change .ex4 to .exe then we can reversed the code to source code...if i'm not mistaken...

hope its help..

MANSTIR

Linuxser, MANSTIR,

Thank you both so much for the responses...feel a bit dumb as it is such a simple process. :-)

Reason: