Filters indicators - page 14

Can you give me the link to my post where I did it?

I tried to search and did not find the post ...

newdigital:
Filters' trading system. May be used as a filter in other systems.

Here

Please scroll to the middle of the page. Post 17

Renko_v1 from post #17 is for separate window.

Drag and drop.

Watch this small video attached (Winrar to open attachment is here to download).

Files:

Dear Newdigital,

This video is in the AVI file format, from which I don't seam to have the correct codex. AVI can be tricky because it's a container format. Can you please save it in WMV or MPG format. Sorry if I am testing your patience.

If the video shows only how to drag and drop ... this I know ofcourse. But what is the trick ? In my chart Renko always opens in the main window, whatever I try, drag or drop. I could never overlay an indicator that has no "Apply to: first indicator's data" setting.

I have AVI only in my notebook. I can convert in my home PC but I am having note book right now sorry.

Video is showing only how to drag and drop.

Renko opens in separate window:

I downloaded this Renko from post #17 and it is in separate window. Just drag and drop. By mouse.

1. Attach PCCI to the chart.

2. Left mouse click on Renko_v1 indicator and hold the left mouse and move the mouse to PCCI's window.

No any "Apply to: first indicator's data". Nothing.

Just mouse only. The same as moving the file to the folder by mouse using left mouse only.

Files:

Renko from post #17 and from previous post is for separate window.

I modified this Renko right now to be in main window (attached).

Files:

Thanks ND for your patiently explaining !

The version of Renko that I have is indeed with :

#property indicator_chart_window.

After I changed it, it worked like a charm. And you learned me how to change the indicator appearing from Chart (main) window to Separate window.

Pipperoni:
...And you learned me how to change the indicator appearing from Chart (main) window to Separate window.

Yes, sometimes it works for some indicators, sometimes not (I mean changing this one: #property indicator_chart_window).

ND,

Experimenting a bit more with overlaying 2 indicators in a separate window, I noticed that the main problem seems to be the miss match of the scales. The indicators, although in the same window, are not remaining centered around each other. They are merely randomly drawn in the same window and there for more or less useless.

Your suggestions are very welcome.

Yes, it is because different scale for 2 indicators.

The only way is to do it programmatically. I means to code 2 indicators onto 1 indicator. But in this way it will not be so good in crossing ...

Reason: