Forecasting indicators - page 2

Next one.

Step Zigzag.

Settings:

d - step level (in p)

Files:

newdigital:
Second one is Polynomial Regression indicator.

hours - how many hours back (to draw the indicator's line);

m - regression rate:

- m = 1 - linear regression,

- m = 2 - parabolic,

- m = 3 - cubical,

and so on.

It is not recommended to set the m value more than 3 or 4.

i - number of the bar (starting from current zero bar) for the right part of the indicator to be attached to. Use red dot to move the indicator's lines to any date but the indicator will be attached to the i-bar by right part.

Last one.

Next version of this Polynomial Regression indicator which is drawing "the future".

Settings:

i0 - how many bars to "the future".

Files:

newdigital:
Next one.

Step Zigzag.

Settings:

d - step level (in p)

The same indicator with alert improved by Codersguru.

newdigital:
May be. Some kind of. But I am not expressing my opinion here.

I am describing the indicators by the author's words.

This indicator is drawing the equidistant price channel from the specified bar. And we may change the hours to get the other channel based on the other data. And the lined may be moved (by mouse).

I found the differences

see these pics.

actually the shi channel moved by shitfting the time frame.

In the second picture ,the red one is shi channel.

Files:
untitled2.jpg  116 kb
untitled.jpg  115 kb

grunge:
I found the differences

see these pics.

actually the shi channel moved by shitfting the time frame.

In the second picture ,the red one is shi channel.

It should be different.

Standard SHI_Channel indicator is using fractals and this ang_AutoCh_HL-v1 is using high/low values as I understand.

Just adjust the settings of ang_AutoCh_HL-v1 to the 40 hours and you will get Standard SHI_Channel indicator (with 240 bars calculation) on H1 timeframe. So it should be different.

Files:
a.gif  19 kb
b_1.gif  20 kb

And there are many SHI_Channel indicators (based on factals).

SHI_Mod.mq4 (image c.gif).

Strandard SHI_Channel indicator (d.gif).

Regression_Channel.mq4 (e.gif) with 21 Simple MA with closed price and based on 21SMA and 50 LWMA crossing with some high/low calculation to draw the channel.

Alp evaluated this Regression_Channel here.

Files:
c.gif  21 kb
d.gif  19 kb
e.gif  24 kb

And look at this image also (i.gif)

It is SHI_Mod.mq4 channel together with ang_AutoCh_HL-v1 channel and with GannZigZag.

So, we may use this ang_AutoCh_HL-v1 channel to estimate the direction changing and may use these two channel all together. And forecasting means our estimation of the trend in the near future.

Files:
i.gif  24 kb

Polynomial Regression Indicator

newdigital:
Second one is Polynomial Regression indicator.

hours - how many hours back (to draw the indicator's line);

m - regression rate:

- m = 1 - linear regression,

- m = 2 - parabolic,

- m = 3 - cubical,

and so on.

It is not recommended to set the m value more than 3 or 4.

i - number of the bar (starting from current zero bar) for the right part of the indicator to be attached to. Use red dot to move the indicator's lines to any date but the indicator will be attached to the i-bar by right part.

Thank you for sharing the Polynomial Regression Indicator, NewDigital.

Do you have a url or something to where we can see exactly how this indicator's worked out?

thanks again

TheShanghai:
Thank you for sharing the Polynomial Regression Indicator, NewDigital.

Do you have a url or something to where we can see exactly how this indicator's worked out?

thanks again

Sorry but usually the people are not explaining anything on the other forums. Just posting. I found it on Poul's forum (Russian forex forum). The author ANG@ posted these indicators without any explanation. Seems he is mathematician. There is the thread there but with few posts only. The people (including Yur4ik who is an active member of our forum as well) asked the ANG@ about explanation in Russian. He answered that it is the new development and we can not find anything about it.

Hi NewDigital,

Thank you for the quick response, I guess we do not really need to understand how it's developed, but just how it works. I have actually started looking up more in-depth material on polynomial regression analysis, hehe.

Reason: