emails when my account takes a trade - page 2

Cynopi:

I contacted my broker again. For people from the Netherlands its only possible to open an account at Roboforex (cy) LTD. Here its not possible to login from you Phone.

You have an account at Roboforex LTD.

I have to find a way to get emails when my account takes trades.‌

Even if you don't login to that account you can still receive push notifications on your mobile app irrespective of what account you have loggeg in to. You only need the MetaQuotes ID of that app to send notifications to it. You could even use the MT4 app and you would still receive the notifications.

Fernando Carreiro:
Even if you don't login to that account you can still receive push notifications on your mobile app irrespective of what account you have loggeg in to. You only need the MetaQuotes ID of that app to send notifications to it. You could even use the MT4 app and you would still receive the notifications.

Aahh, I get it now.

Thanks for the information Fernando!‌

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Mobile or email notification when signal provider opens and closes position

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.02.06 09:29

First you go to MQL5.com Profile >> Settings >> Security and you set up your Metaquotes-ID through your smartphone or tablet:

and then you put your Metaquotes-ID back to your Tools >> Options >> Notifications tab in your MT4 platform and you're done:

Hi Fernando,

what if I would like to receive notifications about a specific setup (example: crossing of moving averages). What code would do that ?

douglas14:

Hi Fernando,

what if I would like to receive notifications about a specific setup (example: crossing of moving averages). What code would do that ?

use these when your criteria is met [in code]

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/network/sendmail

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/network/sendnotification

J

I have been trying to set up email alerts on the latest MT4 platforms but am always getting the message "mail error connecting to smtp.gmail server" I have entered everything as described using both 465  and 587 and without them my email address & password but all to no avail. I keep on getting the error message. Can anyone please help with this problem! Has MT4 done away with email alerts??

Reason: