Attach EA to all symbols at Marketwatch

Hello, 

Probably this is a question made by many of you already, I want to use the same EA for all symbols on my marketwatch with same parameter and same timeframe, do you have any ideas of how to do it?

SymbolsTotal(pos,1)

Marco vd Heijden:
SymbolsTotal(pos,1)

Marco, thank you for answering this!

Where do I put it? On my EA code?

Can you do any EA, containing a MA crossover or whatever snippet where it applies to all symbols using SymbolsTotal? 

Put it in a loop then use

SymbolName(pos,1)

To identify the symbol.. it's not rocketscience .

Sure, thanks for your "help"

Andre Luiz Silva:

Probably this is a question made by many of you already, I want to use the same EA for all symbols on my marketwatch with same parameter and same timeframe, do you have any ideas of how to do it?

Easiest way is to create a template with your EA set up the way you like it.

Then either:

1. Name the template default.tpl and open each chart manually. The template default.tpl will automatically be used. No code needed!

2. Use code to loop through all the symbols in marketwatch and open a chart with the template name

Bare in mind the template may interfere with other indicators / objects you already have on certain charts. 

Andre Luiz Silva:
Sure, thanks for your "help"

I am sorry i stopped spending all my free time coding free for "others" ...

I bet you dont even realize how much time it takes to write such a thing.

Hey Andre Luiz Silva,I got almost the similar message above  some years back and that speared me to learn that's why mql book is free. Thanks. You have been given the easiest means by : honest_knave

honest_knave:

Easiest way is to create a template with your EA set up the way you like it.

Then either:

1. Name the template default.tpl and open each chart manually. The template default.tpl will automatically be used. No code needed!

2. Use code to loop through all the symbols in marketwatch and open a chart with the template name

Bare in mind the template may interfere with other indicators / objects you already have on certain charts. 

If someone can make an EA which will trade on all pair in marketwatch and embed in only one chart (whatever pair is), does the EA use little resources than when we use your mentioned method above which is using many charts.

Irwan Adnan:
If someone can make an EA which will trade on all pair in marketwatch and embed in only one chart (whatever pair is), does the EA use little resources than when we use your mentioned method above which is using many charts.
Usually yes but it really depend on how fast it's set to run.

Andre Luiz Silva:

Marco, thank you for answering this!

Where do I put it? On my EA code?

Can you do any EA, containing a MA crossover or whatever snippet where it applies to all symbols using SymbolsTotal? 

Hi, 
Kindly advise if you finally found a way to insert that code into your EA with loop???

Reason: