MT5, mql5 bugs to be fixed. - page 2

Alain Verleyen:
I do agree of course, it's not me who said it's not a bug.

This is exactly the kind of issue that needs a "Developer Group" that could engage Metaquotes on these real problems

(All these issues seem to point to a single design flaw in their initialisation architecture following the enhanced use of threads in MQL5)

James Cater:

This is exactly the kind of issue that needs a "Developer Group" that could engage Metaquotes on these real problems

(All these issues seem to point to a single design flaw in their initialisation architecture following the enhanced use of threads in MQL5)

Yes. How do you see this "Developer Group" ? I am open to any proposal.

Alain Verleyen:
Yes. How do you see this "Developer Group" ? I am open to any proposal.

We can start here, and compile a list of critical issues. Not sure who or how the final list would be decided.

Once a list has been agreed it should be presented to Metaquotes. Ideally a meeting would take place, but that could be a future step.

My personal view is that a "rejection" of these issues with a throwaway comment via the electronic support system is not really acceptable. Someone from Metquotes development team or management should be involved directly in this process

If the development managers of Microsoft/Apple/Google/Amazon can engage with developers, I really don't see why Metaquotes cannot make a bit more effort in this regard.

James Cater:

We can start here, and compile a list of critical issues. Not sure who or how the final list would be decided.

Once a list has been agreed it should be presented to Metaquotes. Ideally a meeting would take place, but that could be a future step.

My personal view is that a "rejection" of these issues with a throwaway comment via the electronic support system is not really acceptable. Someone from Metquotes development team or management should be involved directly in this process

If the development managers of Microsoft/Apple/Google/Amazon can engage with developers, I really don't see why Metaquotes cannot make a bit more effort in this regard.

I totally agree. I started to update the first post of the topic to have a summary. Any proposal to improve it is welcome.

We will see what is possible. Metaquotes is not really the same size as companies you named, but we can try, that would be very good. 

Alain Verleyen:

Metaquotes is not really the same size as companies you named, but we can try, that would be very good. 

Wouldn't it be easier for smaller "nimble" companies to engage in these activities. Surely it's the 800 pound Gorillas that are harder to move.

The problem might be whether Metaquotes have the resources available to resolve these issues properly without causing major regressions.

Alain Verleyen: As suggested by James Cater, I am opening this thread to centralize bugs reported on MT5 and mql5.

You can report what you found, ask for confirmation of the community, and report it to ServiceDesk. The goal of this topic is to effectively have bugs fixed, if you want to ask for improvements, please use this topic instead.

OK! Here is one more bug with regards to the "MetaTester 5 Agents" or also known as the "MQL5 Strategy Tester Agents".

It seems they don't install correctly on a OS that also has Hyper-V installed, like in Windows 10 Pro (with Hyper-V enabled).

More information (including work-around) can be found at the following thread starting at this post! The bug has already been reported to the Service-Desk!

What are the minimum requirements of MQL5 Strategy Tester Agents?
What are the minimum requirements of MQL5 Strategy Tester Agents?
  • www.mql5.com
I am experimenting with installing “MQL5 Strategy Tester Agents” on various PC’s (3 physical and 2 virtual...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

WebRequest broken in build 1604?

Alain Verleyen, 2017.06.02 13:31

No they don't. Only if they connect to Metaquotes-Demo.

I confirm this problem (error 5200 with build 1604).

Reported to ServiceDesk. ticket #1763691

Alain Verleyen:

I confirm this problem (error 5200 with build 1604).

Reported to ServiceDesk. ticket #1763691
Support Team 2017.06.02 16:24
Thank your for your message.

Fixed. Please wait for updates.

Found two pre-processor regression errors with build 1064

// Reported to ServiceDesk. Ticket #1762879
class TestClass
{
public:
#ifdef __MQL4__
   int Bar() const { return 20; }
#else
   int Bar() const { return 30; }
#endif
};
// Fails to compile
// Reported to ServiceDesk. Ticket #1762890
int Foo(int val)
{
   if (val == 1)      { return 20; }
#ifdef __MQL4__
   else if (val == 2) { return 30; }
#endif
   else               { return 0; }
}
// Fails to compile

UPDATE: Support Team 2017.06.02 17:40                

Both these errors have been fixed.
Please wait for updates.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "MT5, mql5, mql5.com suggestions for improvement.".
Reason: